Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, On say a 22' CC Single OB what are the latest and greatest ways to hang a kicker motor?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone know about those brackets that hook your kicker motor to your main OB and allow you to steer the kicker with the main OB motor?

I've seen a bracket in person that looked like it mounted in between the main OB mounting plate and had a 45 degree plate for the kicker. I can't find anything online about it......

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've got one of the spring loaded parallelogram brackets that you get at BassPro Shops. Works fine. I mounted it far enough away from my main that I can turn the main without hitting it so I just use the main as a rudder. Works fine for a git home. I suppose if you were wanting to use it a lot, for trolling and maneuvering, you might want one of those linkages, but for a git home it's not necessary.

One thing I would say is that you need to clean your bracket motor whether you use it or not - it gets a lot of saltwater splash - bad news.

I am a Sea Tow member also - gonna get a Spot2 pretty soon also, so I don't bother with the bracket motor most of the time any more.

This is it.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10200395____SearchResults

1 - 3 of 3 Posts