Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried various attractants such as Cmere deer, Buck Jam w/o a whole lot of success. Does anybody have a recommendation? I also added some flavored pellets to my corn for the feeder. Supposedly, the pellets are designed to mix w/ corn. All they seem to do is make the feeder clog up.:banghead Any ideas?

·
Registered
724 Posts
the best attractant i use is money. cold green. brings the dear real close to excitement. my dear loves it. if she doesnt get it, she'll go into a rut and cause all kinds of problems. once, i thought my dear was shedding her horns, but she that was a trick. she really just wanted more green money. corn doesnt work well with my dear. she likes to use the green money to buy jo malone at saks fifth avenue. then the attractant i use on her backfires and she buys some attractant to use on me to get more green money. :banghead:poke

·
Registered
439 Posts
I am sure that they work in areas, but as a rule, I do not waste my money. I do however put out planted trophy rocks on my green plots. Properly planted green fields are the key, note the wording attractant, well it is designed to get them there, it goes away, if they find the greenfields, and they like it, they will keep coming back. Corn is legal in FL, they can smell it from a mile away, that will put them on your green fields.

·
Super Moderator
28,379 Posts
I've got 3 curtain climbers so we go through a lot of peanut butter.....I like to leave some peanut butter smeared all over the inside of the jar then fill it full of corn....deer love it but unfortunately the coons and opossums do too. I've watched a nanny kick a jar around and almost look like it gets stuck on her muzzle......:clap

I use to take molasses and peanut butter and mix it all up good then put in the end of an old panty hose (not the crotch part:doh) and hang it about head level fer deer..they usually eat the crap outta that too.....:clap

·
Registered
782 Posts
30 yards is the best attractant you can buy. you can put on feed or just spray on ground or bushes. it will bring in many different critters, i shot a 28# bobcat that came to it last year. pm me and i can tell you were to get it. it is not something you want to tell other club members about.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts
For bow season and early regular season the best I've found is tinks #1 doe pee on a scent trail and I've had deer both sexes follow that trail all the way to my drag rag that I hang about 12 yards away out of my line of sight so I can get a shot with my bow but the deer not see me directly. Works great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It really depends on where you hunt.(state laws) And how long are you going to be hunting this particular spot. Planting is the best. It provides long term permanet food source that is natural for deer to feed on. Natural is the key here. Yes your PB and Buck Jams work great, but you will run out of time, money, energy and patience on a long term approach with these. Deer are very curious by nature. They also have great noses and can smell when something is not "natural". Yes they will come and eat your deer treats, but will usually do so after dark. I like to use the "deer treats" as a locator to find where I have a few good bucks and does, then set up that area as a plot . Going with the planted stuff, if you can, will pay off in the long run. Get a good camera and start monitoring your deer population. Plant GREENS, BUILD the GENES

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I cut the torso glands off from the back legs...keep frozen in a plastic bag, hang them on trees at your distace you choose, that is a natural lure and works great time after time.....I have used them the following year.:toast

·
Registered
687 Posts
Thanks for the membership, I belong to Perdido Still Hunt Assn, & lease 300 acres off Nokomis Rd. Planted 10 ea plots last week, a mixture of wheat, rye, &oats, need a little rain now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts