Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the rod that connects the cleat and the thing you connect your strap to when winching the boat on the trailer.

Is it called an anchor rod or what?

Also it looks like it connected to the u-bolt that connects to the strap bolt on the front of the bolt. Are these anchor plates sold separate?

Where can I buy them besides west marine?

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,306 Posts
I believe you are referring to the bow lifting eye...

It should be accessible from inside the boat. remove it completely and measure it for a replacement if needed.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just replaced mine. I had one similar to above it had become lose and created larger holes in the glass. It was somewhat of a pain. I dug our all the foam and cut the spot out where the old one was. Then I sanded the inside and outside. Used three layers of fiberglass chop and two of finishing cloth on the outside. On the inside I tore the chop into fiber and would apply resin then dab the fibers in. After several layers of that I glassed in two 1/8 inch aluminum plates. Then I redrilled the holes and put the new one in.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if I could figure out, or if it worked, I would post pics. Can someone explain how to post pics using forum runner? My modem is shot so can't use the laptop.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well, I finally found the name of the thing. It call a KEEL PLATE but nobody carries the type they used in 1989. I'm having one fabricated out of stainless steel and will drill the holes myself. The rod used is called a ALL THREAD.

Ocean Master - Thanks for the reply. The lifting bolt is what the Keel Plate attaches to for more support I guess. Then the all thread rod connects to the anchor cleat.

Thanks to all those that helped. Harbor View is the ones that steered me in the right direction so a shout out to them and my buddy JAY. Ya'll may remember Jay that ran Jays Discount, Hellva guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts