Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an earlier model van staal<(black) it doesnt say the size of it or anything, it is on a small rod would make an awesome speck fishing rod< on a seeker custom rod, the reel doesnt have a scratch on it and works as new, i believe the reel was around $500 bucks and have about $150 in building the rod..... whats its estimated worth?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'm no 'VS' expert (& I don't own 1 yet, "but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night"). That said- I do surf the 'net daily on several fishing forums & I collect, trade, buy & sell a lot of fishing gear & I see a lot of VS reels bought & sold & I'd say that Combo is worth at least $350 (if you wanted to sell it fast) & maybe >$500 (if you can wait for the right buyer who really wants it & just got paid)... It's all about your motivation as a seller (& the motivation of a buyer). If you want a number... ~$450... depending on the rod... (I'd give you $300 Cash today & I don't even want a small VS):letsparty

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
REEL STAMAS (3/25/2010)I'm no 'VS' expert (& I don't own 1 yet, "but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night"). That said- I do surf the 'net daily on several fishing forums & I collect, trade, buy & sell a lot of fishing gear & I see a lot of VS reels bought & sold & I'd say that Combo is worth at least $350 (if you wanted to sell it fast) & maybe >$500 (if you can wait for the right buyer who really wants it & just got paid)... It's all about your motivation as a seller (& the motivation of a buyer). If you want a number... ~$450... depending on the rod... (I'd give you $300 Cash today & I don't even want a small VS):letsparty
Ill give you $350 today.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep. That is a pre zebco. Lifetime warranty reinstatedto buyer after the first service. Looks like a 150 but you have to measure the OD of the spool to really tell. I have a 250 like it and love mine.

They have to be sent in for service every year to maintain the warranty. The service centers are not allowed to service them.

·
Super Moderator
20,435 Posts
JOHNJOHN205 (3/25/2010)that staal looks like one of the earlier lifetime warranty ones serial number would confirm, 4-5 is a fair price
Its warranty only stays current if you send it off every year for maint. So its more like a year warranty.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'll give you $375 if you can hold it until I can find out how muchO'bamaCare is going to cost me.:boo :banghead :moon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts