Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EFAF8526-07B7-49E6-95E7-F4C793EE8953.jpg

Staying at home and doing it like this today. Wishing everyone a great 4th. Stay safe and let someone else hold the Steering wheel if you get in em to deep.

A brisket and 2 Butts. First time cooking a brisket. I’m taking advice if anybody’s giving it.

Happy Fourth people.

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
View attachment 1043990

Staying at home and doing it like this today. Wishing everyone a great 4th. Stay safe and let someone else hold the Steering wheel if you get in em to deep.

A brisket and 2 Butts. First time cooking a brisket. I’m taking advice if anybody’s giving it.

Happy Fourth people.
Advice. Good luck with the brisket. They take a long time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,168 Posts
I just got a text from my neighbor.

"Hi, Happy 4th of July. Come on over around 4:00. The ribs will be about half done, ready around 6:30 after a 4 hour cook. Oh, and Connie (his wife) said to say, 'If you hear any explosions coming from our bathroom later tonight, it's just Dennis... playing with his "fireworks" '.

·
Registered
14,709 Posts
Brisket will take about 6hrs. At least that’s what everyone I ever did took. I wrap in foil after the first 2 hrs and check it with meat thermometer between 195 and 205. When it’s done you can stick the probe in and feel no resistance.
I’m doing 2-2-1 ribs. Here’s a pic of the back of the smoker since I ain’t getting outta my chair

·
Premium Member
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brisket will take about 6hrs. At least that’s what everyone I ever did took. I wrap in foil after the first 2 hrs and check it with meat thermometer between 195 and 205. When it’s done you can stick the probe in and feel no resistance.
I’m doing 2-2-1 ribs. Here’s a pic of the back of the smoker since I ain’t getting outta my chair
No sir! Don’t get out of that chair what ever you do.

Thanks for the info. Just hit 170 IT and I wrapped it in foil. Hope it turns out right.

·
Constitution Conservative
2,561 Posts
Nuthin fancy today, just burgers on the grill.

But I pulled a pack of venison shanks out and will be doing a Venison Osso Bucco.

Reactions: JoeyWelch

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Since I was working today, I bought a smoked pork loin at Greers Saturday ( hold the boos and hisses till afterwards, please), hand pulled the whole thing, added Kraft sweet and spicy BBQ sauce. Put it all into a hot skillet to thicken the sauce and stick it to the meat, divided it into two patches and vacuum sealed one batch for next week. Picked up some jumbo burger buns at WallyWorld, put a little garlic butter on them, and toasted them in the skillet. Viola...pulled pork BBQ sandwiches enough for two weeks. Made some fries and baked beans and I was set.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts