Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine used to be King Mackerel. There is something very special about seeing a King throwing a cigar minnow to him and working him up. Like hand feeding a wild animal. I still like it, but,

My favorite fish to fish for from a pier is Pompano in clear water. I love to see them coming down the beachand pitch a jig to them. That has become my favorite fish to sight fish for in our area. To be completely honest I would rather see them coming in 1s ,2s and 3s than in large schools, it seems more rewarding to fool a single than have a whole school chase a jig. I love that stuff.

What is your favorite fish to fish for from a pier?

·
Registered
848 Posts
ling is my favorite...when you get first shot on one it is an awesome feeling

second is tarpon...watching them eat is really cool

third is kings...seeing a big pop up out of no were and eat you is pretty cool

·
Indiana Jones
865 Posts
Massive grouper on the NAS Pier, they will hit you like a freight train

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Cornflake789 (2/9/2010)Massive grouper on the NAS Pier, they will hit you like a freight train

Dude, if you can vouch me and help me catch some grouper off the pier ( when season opens up ), would be grateful. If you do any surf fishing, I'll give you one of my heavy duty spikes

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
I like the pompano answer.

For me, I have to say 5-8 lb. Chicken dolphin. Because they don't come often, when you hook 'em they go batshit crazy and run like hell.

Second would be Bo-Bo's on light tackle when they come in super shallow. No where to go but out, & they run like hell to get there.

·
FORMER Shore & Pier Guide
685 Posts
I luv to snobble for kings in the summer

fish jigs in the springand UL fish small live LYs for spanish in the fall

andcatch sheepshead in the winter!

·
Super Moderator
28,504 Posts
Croaker and Pinfish:hungry:doh:letsdrink

When I was a kid, our biggest thrill was fishing off Ft. Pickens at night fer shark...Also throwing the nets on big pods of squid, them jokers were fun to bring up squirting that ink everywhere.....BoBo's off the pier are always fun too!!! Heck anything big that would run down all the other lines going over and under:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
hands down tarpon. they can be so hungry and sometimes they'll eat anything, but tricking spooky, picky fish... simply no better feeling than that moment when time seems to stand still between seeing them eat, setting with every ounce of energy you can find in you, and the almost immediate jump or walk. might only be 1.5 seconds, but it seems like 3 minutes in my mind and those memories are burned in my head forever.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Kings and hardtails....... Yep.............hardtails........don't kock it till you try it......:usaflag

The kids really enjoy catching them too! Nothing like a smiling kid catching fish and smiling....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts