Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m sitting here (sweating my ass off) watching a plot/rd in a clear cut. Wind isn’t ideal, but decided to try it anyway. I’m checking out/scanning in my rangefinder whenever I hear a swarm of yellow jackets, and they sound pissed... I’m thinking a few of these pesky hogs might’ve messed up and wallered up a nest.. then the sound gets louder... a fucking drone came up the wood line, and stopped to hover over the food plot, up the road, spun, saw me, and high tailed off. I brought it up to the owner of the lease I’m in and he said that it’s an asshole property owner that butts up to us, and this isn’t the first time he’s done it... so needless to say, next time I see that thing flying it’s gonna go from a hunt to target practice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
So I’m sitting here (sweating my ass off) watching a plot/rd in a clear cut. Wind isn’t ideal, but decided to try it anyway. I’m checking out/scanning in my rangefinder whenever I hear a swarm of yellow jackets, and they sound pissed... I’m thinking a few of these pesky hogs might’ve messed up and wallered up a nest.. then the sound gets louder... a fucking drone came up the wood line, and stopped to hover over the food plot, up the road, spun, saw me, and high tailed off. I brought it up to the owner of the lease I’m in and he said that it’s an asshole property owner that butts up to us, and this isn’t the first time he’s done it... so needless to say, next time I see that thing flying it’s gonna go from a hunt to target practice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its illegal to shoot them down. But if it's close enough a long jig will work

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Same thing happened to me on a dove field on my property a few weeks ago. If it had gotten close enough to me I was damn sure gonna shoot down

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Pretty sure that thing has to be within sight of the operator at all times. If it’s not, I would assume it’s gone rogue and you will be doing the right thing if you drop it before it injures someone
If it’s a DJI it doesn’t

·
VIP of the PFF
8,972 Posts
How far from the property line are you hunting ? I'm wondering what kind of range that he can operate the drone from ? And I would dust it next time !

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Doesn't the FWC have a law against harassing hunting?

I will ask a friend of mine today.

So it's flying over the property line and hovering over you while hunting?

If so, approximately how low did it get?

Myself, shoot it down and hide it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 58 Posts