Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this thing on Craigslist, looks like a lafitte type skiff, correct me if I am wrong. I think this thing could be a heck of a fishing machine if the needed work was done to it. The question is, what needs to be done? I emailed the guy about gas tanks in, wiring, and stuff like that, no response yet. What does it looks like would need to be done to get this thing on the water?

http://mobile.craigslist.org/boa/3429439103.html

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
good lord that is a tank! Looks like all it needs is a motor? I would think if it gets windy with any waves that thing is gonna get you wet. i could be wrong. Plus I'm gettin away from Alum. They bounce around and beat you to death. I like the weight of OLDER fiberglass boats. I don't see many ribs in that alum boat either. I would test it first to make sure has no leaks/cracks by putting plug in and back filling the inside with water. Just my opinion. It's a good looking rig thought that needs lil work to get on the water.

·
Registered
763 Posts
They bounce around and beat you to death. I like the weight of OLDER fiberglass boats. I don't see many ribs in that alum boat either.

Looks home made. Lack of ribs is concerning. Cant see if there are stringers with the plywwood deck. Unless you know how to tig weld and a good source for aluminum channel, you going to spend some serious money installing ribs and stringers.

Then you have to power it. More $$$$$

Remember the old mantra.....a powerboat without a motor isn't worth alot.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
The question is, what needs to be done?
The Answer is EVERYTHING!

Lights, plumbing, wiring.....Those 3 words can be $$$$$ and then you still need a motor, ground tackle, flares, life jackets. $$$ Fuel tank?
Where would you use it? Not in the Gulf I hope?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
would def need a chiropractor if you fish it anywhere but in a swamp. its a work boat. bolt up a motor with tiller steer and throw a tank in and go... whatever you want to do is what needs to be done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts