Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
little ol me !
582 Posts
I have no idea the brand, believe it was a "Fishing Machine" It was a collapsable rod, with a "built in reel", that sounded like a pepper grinder trying to grind up a brick.

Had that for many years. My Dad got me a Shimano bait caster, I forget the model, when I was in high school, I saved for a long time to get a nice rod for it !! I wish I still had it, got lost in one of my many moves when I joined the Army

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
first one I remember was a little fly rod my father bought for me and taught me to use, that's what he and my grandfather both did so that's what I wanted to learn to do.....no idea what kind or where it would be now......I figure I'm good just remembering what it was much less what kind and where the thing might be after 40 yrs.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I'm not sure it was "just mine", but I started fishing with a South Bend Bass Oreno on a steel rod about 60 years and a lot of back lashes ago. It had nylon line that my Dad would take off the reel to dry after each trip. No anti reverse, brake, etc.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
James Fink (9/14/2009)
Pinksnappercatcher (9/12/2009)
Splittine (9/12/2009)Van Staal
and you my friend havent been fishing that long. Van Staal's havent been out but what max 10 years.
Probably more like 17-18 years...
Thanks for the correction,

Have the really been out 17 years? I didnt think so but i have been wrong before. Like once maybe twice.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My dad always bream fished with 8' fly rods and automatic reels. We caught alot of fish in Escambia and Tensaw. The first one I bought was a 33 and then a shakespherespinnging combo. I thought I would never need another reel. My Dad passed away last month and I sure miss fishing with him. Now my brother and I fish alot more together now. We have Das 14' collins craft river boat and I just got the mold to build his boat came out of. Thinking about building a few river boats. I have pictures of Dad on the pensacola beach pier in probably 1969 or so with 2 nice ling.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts