Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i borrowed alot of my dad's stuff when i was really young, lots of mitchells and z series penns... but MY first combo was a penn 712z, on a 6'6" fenwick custom wrapped... i remember fishing off a dock in hoffman bayou one time when i was around 6 and having a live shrimp on my hook... i set the rod down on the dock, with the shrimp hanging in the water... went to go get a drink, and heard 2 splashes, 1 was a fish exploding on the shrimp, and the other was the combo flying off the dock... i swam around that dock for 3 hours and eventually got it back... my dad would have been red hot if i had lost it...

i have that combo hanging on my wall... lots of good memories.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Don't remember specifically but a sure bet mine was a Zebco 202 combo. Those were the days, a $12 combo and I was good to go. Now days I spend that on a pack of hooks.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
GENTLE WOLF (9/12/2009)Don't remember specifically but a sure bet mine was a Zebco 202 combo. Those were the days, a $12 combo and I was good to go. Now days I spend that on a pack of hooks.
+1, anyone who won't admit to a Zebco 202 or 33 is not a real fisherman!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
My choice for my 5th Bday was either a Zebco 33 or and good fly rod n reel combo..

I still use that combo to flyfish Tensaw River when the Willow Flies hatch in the Summer to catch bass and bluegillwith my grandfather. Brings back lots of memories!!:toast

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,079 Posts
My first "rod and reel" was a Zebco 77. The reel was made with the rod. My grand parents gave it to me. :reallycrying I was around 9 years old. That was 48 years ago. I think I still have that old rod and reel.

Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
259 Posts
Zebco 202 with a johnny walker rod, man that was probably forty years ago but remember it like yesterday.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
my first one was a screw together cane pole which i no longer have

here is my first rod and REEL: a 1960 model bronson dart no. 905 with a glass lite rod

·
Registered
151 Posts
Zebco 202, and then a Zebco bullet was the first reel I really used a lot. The rod was whatever was attached to it at Walmart or where ever my Dad got it. Used to tear up the blue gills.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Zebco 202. Caught bluegills, croakers and then a 18" shark.

First "real" reel was a Mitchell 302 combo with a 8' surf rod from Biggs sporting goods....ya know what?

I'm gettin old.

·
Registered
993 Posts
K Mart Zebco Combo today i would never let my kids roam the neighborhood. back then me and my friends would wake up before light and go to the pier in bear point and spend a few hours fishing with cut squid. my mom was such a sport she would clean and fry up muddy catfish and pinfish for us to pick at for our lunch that we had caught. flashback!!!!!!!!!!!!!! growing up sux

1 - 20 of 80 Posts