Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Our biggest this year was 29 lbs and we caught a lot over 20. I would have to say that our honest average fish weight this year was about 10 to 12 pound average.

Maclin

PS I will try to get some pics off my work computer monday

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I should have been more specific. What was the biggest snapper you caught DURING THE SNAPPER SEASON? Out of season back in Feb, March, April we caught at least a dozen over 20lbs with the biggest being just under the 26lb mark on the boga grip.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Pinksnappercatcher (10/30/2009)
recess (10/30/2009)
Fiver (10/30/2009)I'm pretty sure Gene caught the biggest one on Recess this year during the shark tournament.
They don't let me fish much. But some times I get to and with a little luck catch a fish. I was fishing for a shark release and caught a 26pound 9oz. Tim released a 42 pound one in Nov. There are pictures of them in recent posts. Gene
Where is the link to the 42lber? I dont think i saw that post.
Yes... I also missed this thread! I am dying to see the pic!

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Where did it go Gene? I tried to find it but came up short. I remember the pic though. That damn snapper was as deep as it was long.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A Texasfriend of mine got a 28-11 and a 25-8 for his first two snappers he every caught in the gulf while fishing on our boat this summer. He could not understand why the rest of the crew were so excited.Our fishing went downhill very fastthe remainder of the day.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Caught two that weighed in right at 25lb on my boat scale but I think the scale is a little off, they were probably a little under that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
tunapopper (10/31/2009)Where did it go Gene? I tried to find it but came up short. I remember the pic though. That damn snapper was as deep as it was long.
It was my mistake on the date. Time flys by so fast. Look under 31Dce2007. Snapper season was closed at that time. Plus like the post said we only had a camera in the package. Tim a big boy and that picture was taken close to him. Gene

·
Registered
549 Posts
LATERALINE (10/31/2009)
Pinksnappercatcher (10/30/2009)
recess (10/30/2009)
Fiver (10/30/2009)I'm pretty sure Gene caught the biggest one on Recess this year during the shark tournament.
They don't let me fish much. But some times I get to and with a little luck catch a fish. I was fishing for a shark release and caught a 26pound 9oz. Tim released a 42 pound one in Nov. There are pictures of them in recent posts. Gene
Where is the link to the 42lber? I dont think i saw that post.
Yes... I also missed this thread! I am dying to see the pic!
I just went back and looked at the orignal post and you made a comment on it. Man time flys by. It's on page 52 as of today. Sorru Chris did not try to derail this tread. I hate sharks. Gene

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I wish i could have weighed that fish on an actual scale not moving but the one on the boat read 42lbs but for the ones who don't know me the pictures doesn't do it much justice cause that thing was huge i'm 6' 3" 290lb and a pretty big man. But the best thing about that is that she was vented and went right back down sothere is probaly a world record swimming around our neck of the woods,

TIM

21 - 32 of 32 Posts