Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of terrain do you hunt, and what do you look for to kill mature bucks. I like where two different types of terrains come together. Thick areas with corridors passing through them. Been away from the forum a couple of years and look forward to talking to you guys and hearing your ideas. GOOD HUNTING.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I hunt planted pines with hardwood creek bottoms running through. I like to hunt travel coming from the thick stuff and I also like to hunt the creek bottoms because the deer use them for travel. Also like to hunt the transitions between different types of terrain/timber types such as the transition between pines and hardwoods.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
This is my favorite spot I've ever hunted and it produces good during the rut every year. This is the intersection of a gas line and power line with a creek running the intersection. Thick bedding area on all 4 sides, and 2,000 acres of non hunted land bordering the powerline:thumbup:. This stand is on the gas line, we also have a stand on the powerline that can shoot the same intersection.

Picture was taken sunday, I saw over 40 deer that afternoon

Attachments

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
I like to hunt hard wood fire break bottoms that separates blocks of pine timber.
The deer live in the thick pine thickets and they come to the hardwood bottom to drink water from the creek or look for nuts.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I hunt the YRMA. Since it is mostly river swamp I find a creek or slough that I can walk along so that I can find my way back. The swamp is open more than you would think once you get close to the river.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts