Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told green attracts fish , red/orange keeps bugs away and blue is for vision. Any truth to this? Also where's a good place to buy some? I've seen some kits online but I feel like 4 light strips shouldn't cost $250-$300 , maybe I'm missing something.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok my kayak. I head going to do green on the bottom and red on this inside. Then getting some type of white or blue light for if I need some bright light to see.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless you plan on anchoring up for hours to attrach the bait to attract the fish you're getting it for looks fyi.
hmmm well maybe an hr or two but not hours. Thanks. May just use some red or blue to see when dropping baits for shark fishing. Thanks. I figured the green lights would take awhile but not hours. So thanks for saving me the time and money

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Not to derail the thread, but I have the same question except that I want to place a light in the water beside a dock that is not lighted.
Need one that is LED and runs on batteries. Anybody have some information / knowledge / suggestions ?
Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
Disagree

Unless you plan on anchoring up for hours to attrach the bait to attract the fish you're getting it for looks fyi.
My son put a 12 in strip of blue on ea side of his boat last Sat night, he had all kinds of crabs swimming up to his lights then guess what? FISH ON!! He was not sitting around for hours. I'd say if there is bait around it should work for you.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
The light will attract bait and predators even if you are drifting. I would say though in regards to trout and reds that a stationary light positioned adjacent to good current flow will most likely offer more consistent fishing. This is what I do and I use a 1' Hydroglow light. There are other lights available of course but I like the hydro glow for durability.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Not to derail the thread, but I have the same question except that I want to place a light in the water beside a dock that is not lighted.
Need one that is LED and runs on batteries. Anybody have some information / knowledge / suggestions ?
Thanks

EG, I put lights from www.loomisled.com on my dock and I love them. While mine are wired to dock power, it should be simple to run them off 12v batteries or even your boat. You're welcome to come take a look at mine.

Also, my green dock lights attract bait almost as soon as they turn on. The trout show up shortly after. I would think that green underwater lights on a kayak would attract at least a little bait very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts