Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have visitors coming from the MidWest the first week in June. What can I expect to be catching during that time of year around here. I'll take them up to 30 miles out but what should be biting around that time of year?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
The possibilities are almost endless in June. What a great month to be fishing. Hopefully if all goes well that will be the opening week for Red Snapper. Like I said though, almost everything is biting in June. Grouper, Amberjack, Dolphin, Wahoo, Billfish, Triggers, and Mingo's. Inshore is great too with Redfish, Trout, Flounder King Macks, Spanish Macks and so on....

Your friends have picked a great month to come and visit. Hopefully the winds will cooperate and you guys will crush them! :letsdrink

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Geez! Great question that gets me excited for fishing the month of June...

About any species you want to target..Bait is plentiful...First, hit up the baitboy by the lighthousefor $20.00 of cigar minnows then stop at the pass and top off your livewell with menhaden/hard tails via sabiki rigs (tipped with squid) if necessary...now your set for a fun filled fish catching day.

Easy Pickens Species of Fish:

Snapper season should've just openedso hit close in spots like the paradise hole (huge area of natural bottom) just 12 miles from the pass and drop down forthem RS, then throw a spinning reelcombo with awire leader (no weight) with a menhaden on a treble hookfor some king action.

Also, hit up thosepublicreefsnear the area for much of the same andbe ready with a pitch bait in case aresident cobia pops up near the boat....Also,givethe I-10 bridge rubble piles a try (16 miles from the pass)and don't be surprise ifa sailfishinhales a free lined menhaden while catching them monster ARS. Chunking for black snapper over the I-10 piles can be very productivein the month of June as well.

A trick to catchblack snapper is much like fishing forYFT...Chunk cut bait to bring the black snapper to the surface,thenbury a hookin samebaitfreespooledwith the descendingchunks. ChickenBone, aka "John B" on here has masteredthis technique and works down atHot Spots Bait & Tackle so be sure to pick those guys brains before you head out as the time nears.

30 miles out: endless and I'll let the rest here to contribute...

Great luck to you and your visiting folks..:letsdrink

Jimmy

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
:withstupid June is a great month to be fishing Pensacola. Take your pick of what you want to target and chances are you'll be able to find it somewhere

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas and great posts. I just shared this information with my friends and am sure they are drulling right about now. Fish On! :bowdown

1 - 5 of 5 Posts