Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a rifle to hunt anything on this continent narrowed down to 30 06 or 7 mm Rem mag want your opinions

·
Registered
556 Posts
I 2nd the 30-06 for any thing on this continent. Just have to change the bullet's grain size, and you're good to go after anything you want.

·
Registered
601 Posts
30.06, very common caliber, so you have many options in the rifle you buy, then as was previously stated the bullet is very versatile too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
With the 30 06 you can hunt anywhere onthe continent and purchase the appropriate ammunition locally. The 06 is tried and proven and the variety of factory loaded ammo is unmatched.

·
Super Moderator
28,496 Posts
Rob, Like I said in before brother...I've came up w/ a 270, then bought my Steyr 7-08...and I'm gonna buy the 7-08 barell fer my Thompson Pro-Hunter next...Don't think i'll ever retire my Steyr but I love my thomson also!!! It's like choosing between a blonde, brunette, or a red head (or if you're into Brittnay, a baldie):moon:letsdrink

·
Registered
439 Posts
I also shoot a 7-08, LOVE IT. The best caliber for you is the best rifle that you can afford to shoot!!!! 30-06 easy to find ammo at descent prices, 270mag, expensive as hell! that in my opinion is the deciding factor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts