Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So an employee of mine took the day off to go snapper fishing with some friends on the last day of the season for Alabama. The charter he was on said they were only going out three miles. Left out of Orange Beach. Well he could not see land and was filling the boat with snapper. And so was all the other charter boats that were out there. Do the feds just look the other way for charters or what. I obey the law been checked twice this summer and you hear about this crap. Captain said only way they can catch snapper so they take the chance. What the heck!!!

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,184 Posts
Vision of land differs with the state. In Florida, you loose sight of land around 6 miles. In Alabama, with only 3 miles of state water, land is lost after 2 miles. Just enjoy the moment. :thumbup: If there's a citation issued, it will be to the boat captain. :yes:

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
I've was on a charter boat out of Pensacola once and the deck hands were throwing EVERYTHING in the cooler. I felt bad to even be on the boat. I'm talkin 20" aj's, snapper way past the bag limits, small grouper...it was ridiculous. I haven't been on a charter since...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
three sets of rules One for charter fisherman and one for recreational fisherman, the other set is commercial.. What a surprize

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Ive been on tons of charter trips and only 1 (out of Ocean Springs, Ms) obeyed the rules/law. Most of my trips have been out of OB but some from Destin. However, they are holier than thou and the rules dont apply to them.

·
Bearded Brotula
11,888 Posts
Went to Chandaleur out of Biloxi and the guys were wondering why we threw any fish back. They said they'd filet anything we wanted to bring back. Just shook my head and fished on.

·
Registered
14,773 Posts
Only one I ever went on they were hiding them everywhere on the way back in. Figured we were going to the pokie for sure!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Went snapper catching last year with a friend of a friend on his boat. We had been catching for a while and I asked should I do a count, no, they didn't leave me any dinosaurs.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You can see condos on beach from 9 miles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts