Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming down for the entire week of spring break. what should i target in the gulf? is it too early for cobia? march 15 through the 22

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
theres a few cobias being seen......redfish,specks and whites are being caught as well......and throw you a drift line out if ya want a king!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
You want to hit up Navarre Beach at all? PM me when it gets closer. Hopefully the Cobia will be moving through, Pompano too. Probably be a little too early for kings though.

Alex

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I don't think any Cobes have been seen yet.. we would have heard about, just rumors still. If you want to fish the Gulf, I would either bottom fish if you have a bottom machine (can't keep anything though) or fish for sheephead. Pompano and reds are really starting to move along the beaches as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
yeah just a few more weeks and stuff is really goin to start turnin on cant wait just got done hibernating from the winter....

·
Registered
481 Posts
Well there used to be red snapper but theres only a couple left in the gulf now! Those darn rec. fisherman just wiped them out. As far as kayak fishing in the gulf its been so cold this year you might be coming down a little early. If you can get to a reef bottom fish, theres always sharks, bonita and red fish but the migratory species we see in the spring might be running a little late this year unless the water temps jump up quick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts