1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,996 Posts
Paradise on the Beach,
Flounders
Sunset Grill on Perdido
One of my favorites Cobalts - Orange Beach - Alabama Point - lots of docks
Pirates Cove Marina - Josephine, AL - A Kick-in-the-butt-fun-place, a must stop place
Tacky Jacks, Orange Beach
Flora Bama Yacht Club - beach up
Jaco's Downtown, check with the dock master. tell him where you are going and he will show where to dock
Joe Patti's for sushi and steamed shrimp - I stop in an get a couple pounds of Royal Reds for a boating day.

·
Registered
14,996 Posts
Looking for places within a reasonable boat ride from Chico.
Not sure what you mean a reasonable. but the places I listed are on my "fun route".

Launch Navy Point
First Stop - White Island for a swim.
If we want shrimp - Joe Patti's
Then on to Fort McRee for a pass-by - maybe another swim.
Then westward with a stop on the south side of BIg Lagoon for a walk over to see the GOM, with no one there.
A real Bathroom can be had at Sherman's Cove - you know, for serious crap
Sunset Grill for a kick butt Bush Whacker.
May be a stop at the spoil Islands west of Sunset for another swim.
Run west on Old River
Stop at the Flora Bama Yacht Club, if spots to do so are available - if not then on to Colbalts.
After Colbalts - on to Pirates' Cove - Best Cheese Burger Ever!!

Then make it home with a possible second stop at Sunset - MORE Bush Whackers
Ease on to Navy Point.

Beautiful 7 - 8 hour day.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Last burger I got from Pirates' Cove was horrible and not to mention the guy who was taking orders and working the register was chain smoking the whole time.

·
Super Moderator
21,895 Posts
Last burger I got from Pirates' Cove was horrible and not to mention the guy who was taking orders and working the register was chain smoking the whole time.
Unfortunately that place is trash now. Burgers are McDonalds quality and prices have doubled over the years. 3 burgers, 1 fry and 2 water cups is over $50. And they have a horrible habit of double charging debit cards. I had to call twice last year to get a refund.

·
Bearded Brotula
16,101 Posts
They went downhill after the pizza oven got installed. Should've stuck to what they know. 4 hour wait for burgers.

Reactions: stevenattsu

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I thought the oyster bar changed hands? Is it still the oyster bar?

Rode by around 7pm last Saturday and there were tons of people inside and two boats tied up m

·
Registered
758 Posts
I thought the oyster bar changed hands? Is it still the oyster bar?

Rode by around 7pm last Saturday and there were tons of people inside and two boats tied up m
Admittedly, a few weeks ago I went there the first time since Sally so I don't know if they changed hands. Menu was about the same. Yes, room for just a very few boats if there is room on the east side and north side but about the same as Fisher's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts