Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read alot of threads and every now and again there will be one that is really great. I enjoy reading threads that grow, in other words it is not just a story are a report but a thread that other members contribute to along the way. I seem to learn more from a thread that many contribute to as it goes along. I also like great stories, fishing or other a great story is always a good read. There are several members that missed their calling and should be authors of many books, some of the stories on the forumand the way they were written are nothing short of great.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
<A>What makes a great Thread?</A>

Any thread that stimulates the mind. I love fishing reports with techniques and pictures but the threads that I favor the most are the ones that areeducational. I have learned quite a bit in the last 60 years but not beyond learning more. It is my pleasure to pass along any information that might be of assistance to others.

Anytime one learns something that they didn't know or understand...now that's a great thread. Especially if it saves them money.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ron, I agree completely.

I love a reading a good fishing story, as much as anyone, but I tend to favor a thought prevoking type thread to read, more than anything else. I couldn't count the number of threads that asking for help that I didn't post on but read completly because it was good stuff. The amount of knowledge that is contributed on here is awesome, if the right question comes up.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I liked the one you started Curtis. "what's your screen name mean"...those were some interesting answers...that one gets 2 thumbs up...

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I liked that one too, Mike. It was really cool to get to know everyone that replied on it a little bit better.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
What makes the best threads??? The ones with pics of hot women holding up fish! :letsdrink

Oh, and the ones that teach technique and stimulate thought...

And I always love to hear a good fishin tale! :angel

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
I like the ones that make you feel like you were there, where you can almost feel a slight buzz from a couple of beers, can here yer friends laughin and carring on, and see the lil bird that comes lands on the front of your boat, and as you read about the fish they pull in, you almost reach down to wipe the slime of yer hands onto yer shaorts after you stuffed him in the fish box.

Make me feel like I'm there, then post some pics too, and thats a REAL good one. Tell me what the air smelled like, pine, salt, 2-stroke oil,or cedar?

And the most important thing..make me laugh. Cuz I have never been fishin without bustin a gut AT LEAST once over somethin...usually my own stupidity. But I still end up laughin. Thats a good report to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts