Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Garbo (10/26/2009)
Brad K (10/26/2009)
fisheye48 (10/26/2009)MULLET on gold spoons!!!!
Thats so frickin' funny!!
Brad, what is funny, is getting back to the marina and telling about it only to have you and Jimmy say that yall had both already been there -done that. I thought I was like "One in the World". Boy did yall bust my bubble.

Ya'll should've taken it to the scales and weighed it as your second fish.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wharf Rat (10/26/2009)
Garbo (10/26/2009)
Brad K (10/26/2009)
Brad, what is funny, is getting back to the marina and telling about it only to have you and Jimmy say that yall had both already been there -done that. I thought I was like "One in the World". Boy did yall bust my bubble.

Ya'll should've taken it to the scales and weighed it as your second fish.

That could have been a good idea...........But how would we have looked when our larger fish was a Mullet?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
fisheye48 (10/26/2009)
Garbo (10/26/2009)
Brad K (10/26/2009)
well look at it this way curtis...they didnt catch any that day
That's right Curtis. I think next year we should incorporate a Sight Fished Mullet Calcutta. Me and you are shoe in's for it!!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Downtime2 (10/26/2009)Billfishing. Love it, always have, always will....
agreed. nothin like a blue coming at your with the bill out of the water trying to eat , once taking the lure , going nuts, putting on a show , running away , then runningat you ..flips and jumps. i have to say there is nothing else like it, bottom line. now inshore , flounder fishing i love and cobia fishing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hummmmmm That's a hard 1 !!! :doh Oh i know !!! Any of them floting in grees at 350 dagreez LOL. :letsdrink :letsdrink :letsdrink :usaflag

·
Banned
2,215 Posts
i love watching a cobia slurp down a live eel the hauling a$$ with a 4/0 circle hook in its jaw

or

a king skying6 fton a live cig inches under the water

or

when you have a big mingo down on the bottom and you see the rod steadily bow over and you hold on for dear life

·
Registered
502 Posts
I guess trolling for billfish, wahoo, dorado, and tuna excites me the most these days. Throwing jigs on a weedline to a school of dolphin can be pretty fun.Deep dropping and pulling up monster snowy grouper gets me amped up pretty good. Bottom fishing for big gags and ajs does as well. King and cobia fishing with light tackle from pier/shore makes me pretty happy too! fishing jigs/gulp in dock lights for specks, reds, and flounder get me excited. throwing a popping cork on the flats for specks and reds does it for me as well. slowly bumping a gulp or bull minnow on the bottom for some floundas also gets me giddy.......I'm not super picky!

·
PDC Fishing Team
1,972 Posts
Don't know of a type that doesn't excite me. Hard to put one above others.

Yellow-edge grouper is fun, love snapper, out-foxing triggerfish is great, watching my girls at the catfish pond is hilarious, getting caught off-guard by a cobia hanging around you motor then watching him inhale a bait is awesome, catching bream on the side of Hwy 9 in AL with my 2 younger ones is a blast, bass fishing is relaxation interrupted by fits of adrenaline

I've tried to adopt the philosophy of catch whatever is available. Whatever the weather and season dictate, go have fun fishing. Don't get fixed on there being only one way to fish that will satisfy and don't get disappointed that you couldn't go get grouper when you had to settle for sheepshead galore in the Pass.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts