Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
456 Posts
In the last 3 years I have had an Ameritrial, Starline, and a magictilt.

The ameritrail was probably the worst, I had to replace every light, wire and brakeson it in about a year.

The starline I didn't keep long but the person I sold it to has recently had issues. I'm sure he will chime in soon.

The magictilt has been the best I have only replaced one light, aground connection and they sent me a set of lug nuts b/c the originals rusted (free).

As far as suggestions: I think it would be a great idea to keep all the ground wires run back to the tounge of the trailer so they stay out of the saltwater "Most" of the time.

· Registered
456 Posts
hardyboy (2/3/2010)
Captain DP (2/2/2010)In the last 3 years I have had an Ameritrial, Starline, and a magictilt.

The ameritrail was probably the worst, I had to replace every light, wire and brakeson it in about a year.

The starline I didn't keep long but the person I sold it to has recently had issues. I'm sure he will chime in soon.

The magictilt has been the best I have only replaced one light, aground connection and they sent me a set of lug nuts b/c the originals rusted (free).

As far as suggestions: I think it would be a great idea to keep all the ground wires run back to the tounge of the trailer so they stay out of the saltwater "Most" of the time.

Thanks for your response. I didn't see the Starline owner chime in, but we welcome the opportunity to discuss any issues they may be up against.

That was kind of MagicTilt to replace your lug nuts, just keep in mind that those nuts cost them less than $1 plus shipping.

We like the suggestion on the ground wires. We plan to see how this change may impact our costs for the extra material and labor.
It was fisheye48, he didn't give any detail, just talked about customer service.

The thing about the lug nuts was I originally contacted themto buy a set. Cost never was an issue. It's just good customer service. That $25 bucks after shipping may have sold him another trailer in the near future.

I hope you decide to do the ground wire thing. That just seems smart to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.