Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Little Debbie's and my Uncle James's famous jalapeno sandwiches. If its going to be real calm out we will sometimes take the Coleman stove out and eat fresh fish on the water.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
a bucket of chicken,or a party platter from subway......also keep a few MRE,s on the boat for just in case purposes.....plenty of beer and water and a backup supply of beer

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Man with my wife we take the kitchen sink! We usually take way more than we could eat even if we were on Gilligans Island. We will take chicken, peperoni, cheese, chips , pickles, drinks up the yahoo and whatever else she can shove in the coolers.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Some cajun salmon dip from winn dixie with some triscuits. Gotta have some watermelon and some peanut butter/honey captain wafers. I always have a banana and peanut butter sandwich that morning since banana can't be on the boat. Plenty of water and two or three beers per person. Usually have one around 10 or 11 and a couple on the ride in.

·
Super Moderator
27,954 Posts
I always take a few banannas and while I'm eating them I whistle a lot!!!:doh:poke:doh

No really,I take a box of fudge rounds, a pack of bologna, a loaf of bread, mayo, and lots of water and Gatorade:letsdrink

Ohhhhh I forgot, Sushi is always good fer them undersized snappers:nonono:poke:nonono:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Cheese crackers or peanut butter crackers, Power bars (the new chocolate covered kind, not the original crap), lots of water and Gatorade.

On occasion,it's nice to throw some fresh fruit in the cooler! It's very refreshing after a long day of diving. Either a whole pineapple or watermelon, or even just a few oranges.

And, of course, gotta have some beers for the ride back in!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
bamasam (6/26/2008)Man with my wife we take the kitchen sink! We usually take way more than we could eat even if we were on Gilligans Island. We will take chicken, peperoni, cheese, chips , pickles, drinks up the yahoo and whatever else she can shove in the coolers.
We used to do the very same. Fill theboat, to be honest I would rather just have bag of chips, instead of several bags of grocerys.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Funny thing Garbo is the last time we got checked by FWC after checking all of the usuall the officer asked me why is the bow of your boat so low in the water and I replied that I promise there are not anymore people in the cuddy cabin that my wife just has that much crap in there :banghead

Someone on the old forum posted a recipe for canned fish snacks that I wish I could find. If anyone has it I would love to get it again.

·
Praedator
9,927 Posts
bamasam (6/27/2008)Funny thing Garbo is the last time we got checked by FWC after checking all of the usuall the officer asked me why is the bow of your boat so low in the water and I replied that I promise there are not anymore people in the cuddy cabin that my wife just has that much crap in there :banghead
I will admit that I am the worlds worst when it comes to the amount of drinks I bring. I usually way over do it. And the problem is also, when I get home, I tend to just unload the cooler from the boat and not the contents.

Well it has trash, half eaten sandwiches, empty beer cans with a sip left in them, all left in the cooler. By the time that I remember that I left all that crap in the cooler, it's growing all kinds of colors inside there and the smell is just horrible. So I just end up throwing away tons of drinks because of that.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
bamasam (6/27/2008)Funny thing Garbo is the last time we got checked by FWC after checking all of the usuall the officer asked me why is the bow of your boat so low in the water and I replied that I promise there are not anymore people in the cuddy cabin that my wife just has that much crap in there :banghead

Someone on the old forum posted a recipe for canned fish snacks that I wish I could find. If anyone has it I would love to get it again.
Wasn't that chris that posted about canning mullet? Seems he had a GREAT recipe that I also wanted to try.....Come on Chris, Dig it out again:bowdown

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I ususally go and get 2 loaves of french bread from the grocery store, and then I get the deli to cut up a Pound of Roast Bee, a Pound of Turkey, and a Pound of Ham , and a pound of cheese, lettuce, tomatoe, horseradish, mustard, onion, and make 2 huge sandwiches. Then for drinks, i typically dont bring beer on the boat, i got really sick one time years ago and since then all i bring are usually a case of water, or powerade, and some soda's.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
My wife is the queen of out in nature food , she will pack me and my boys lots of fruit , chips , and an aray of sandwiches. I like her pemintto cheese sandwiches and itailan panini's.Lots of liquid( have been broke down for 27 hours 25 miles out before) and mre's are also a good idea.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Best thing I ever bought for getting out on the water is a charcoal grill from Wal Mart that is portable. Me and my girlfriend cook burgers and hot dogs nearly every trip now and it is a ton of fun. I also like- chips and dip, fruit salad, pepperoni with cheese and crackers, boiled peanuts (spicy or regular from the guy near Inside Out furniture), Wal Mart deli items or Hormel snack trays, even Pizza Hut- at least my folks loved it back in the day when I would bring it on the boat after leaving work. Sure am glad I have a real job now! If I had it to do over I'd probably make my portable grill a gas unit instead of charcoal- match light charcoal can have its ignition fluid evaporate. My girlfriend can make dip for fruit out of marshmallow fluff and cream cheese that is awesome. Maybe I can get her to post the recipe but she says it's not real healthy because of the sugar- sure is tasty though. Guess that's all I got...

21 - 38 of 38 Posts