Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
jigslinger (9/22/2008)Spotting, making a good cast, and seeing the take on a cobia and then seeing the steel dragging him over the rail is #1.

Snobbling a king and seeing the take is a close 2nd. Man can they rip some line!
I know exactly what you mean...........

·
Registered
468 Posts
i enjoy stalking the south florida dock lights at night and pitching freelined shrimp at fat snook... nothing better that watching them suck that shrimp down... a close second is wading the desolate flats with a mirrolure top-dog for monster speckled trout..third is bottom fishing offshore for grouper

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love fishing ''for whatever reason'' so every fish I catch, except catfish

and lizards, I enjoy the hell out of. Especially the one I think I'm not gonna land.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i cant think of one fish that is my favorite to catch but i got a few that i love.

bull reds- big bull reds are what really started my love for fishing. my brother caught one when i was 12 and i was hooked since then. a couple years later i got a 25lber on 8lb. then the other day i got one outta the yak. i love the big bulls. lite tackle or heavier tackle its all good.

kings- there is jus somethin bout freespoolin kings that gets my blood goin. its hard to explain but when you put the line back on the roller and start jackin and the line is peelin off its crazy.

cobia- i have only hooked one and lost it but i was instantly addicted. site fishing for them then finally seeing one is amazing. then when they eat and you start jackin its just like dang

specks- i jus started fishin for specks this summer but i fell in love with the challenge of tryin to find better spots for them while wading and the constant challenge to get a bigger one. my goal is to get a dirty 30

lite tackle bobos- i jus like hookin into the little tuna and how much they run on lite tackle then crackin them back in.

i really want to try a tarpon off the pier or off the yak next year though.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts