Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Tarpon, swordfish, any big fish from my kayak and tuna on topwater poppers.

Too many choices to pick just one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love the thrill of searching for a marlin. Looking everywhere for their tail fin and finally when one is located, the entire crew works like a well oiledmachine to geta livebait pitched to it. Then you wait for the line to start spooling off ever so slightly...
Hook Up!!! The fight is on...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Anything on a fly is great with me. Bonita, for example, are fun. So are Kings.

I hear tarpon can be fun but I wouldn't know. :banghead

Hope you're doing well Garbo.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Any member of the jack family sight fished is awesome, especially on topwater.

I also spent years at night sight fishing striped and grey mullet, that was fun too. Sight fishing tilapia, heck ANY fish sight fished is just as good as it gets, the thrill when they charge your bait and last second turn away or take is just hard to beat.Even a bluegill on a dry fly gets me going.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I moved here (Pensacola) from the Pacific Northwest and my most favorite fish to catch is the King (Chinook) Salmon. My best was 51 pounds.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Cobia on a 706 , and Kings / Wahoo on a 706 on a weedline ... LOVE the sound of line comin' off that reel :letsparty

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Grouper have been my favorite to catch for a while now but I will modify that and say Bay Grouper. They are way more of a challenge, you have to use lighter line to get them to hit and their hits are vicious.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My favorite is any form of large shark, especially off of a pier,shore, or surf. You cant chase them and adjust like you can with a boat, its always a WAR! I get a rush from taking the most famous predator fish!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sailfish are a blast, but dolphin are better table fare. Both are fun to catch. Inshore it would have to be a small (under40#) tarpon on a flyrod. The big ones are just too much work!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Pourman1 (9/19/2008)Cobia on a 706 , and Kings / Wahoo on a 706 on a weedline ... LOVE the sound of line comin' off that reel :letsparty
You got that right. Snobling a king on a popcickle Cig and seeing the take, freespool.........SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Call it a Coffeegrinder, Noisemaker or anything else, but I love a 706z. Coolest reel ever made.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Eels!......I know that sounds funny, but I have always like catching them off the bridge. They fight good, cool to look at, you get to fling them around on the bridge, and cut the head off! What A THRILL! ~LMAO~

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Spotting, making a good cast, and seeing the take on a cobia and then seeing the steel dragging him over the rail is #1.

Snobbling a king and seeing the take is a close 2nd. Man can they rip some line!

·
Registered
665 Posts
My top 4:

1. Striper or Hybrid Not much on my list beats fighting one of them on light tackle. Once you set the hook you fight for every last inch of line.

2. Flounder Nothing beats slowly floating down the river, bouncing a jig on the bottom then feeling a "thud" then GAME ON! Not a fish around that tastes better either.

3. Redfish Not a fish on earth that beats wade fishing for these little bull dogs with light tackle. I love the sound my little Shakespeare 2052 makes when that 6lb test starts taking off.

4. Bonita When Christmas break gets here for us students I love taking my friends who dont get to do much fishing out to the pier on a day thats freezing cold for some of them drag screamin minature tuna.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts