Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caught a small redfish off the beach less than an hour ago. It was almost dark and he ate a white and orange pompono jig. I had blind casted into awashout hole and he ate as I bounced the jig back to the beach. It was fun but, it was also blind.

My favorite fish to catch is one that I see before I try to catch it. I do have favorites such as Bonefish, Permit, Tarpon, Pompano and Redfish, but if I can see the fish before I try to catch it, that adds a huge value to my experience.

What is your favorite fish to catch?

·
Registered
931 Posts
big bull reds from yak and just recently added amberjack on light spinning gear but spanish on ultra light spinning is really fun too

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Cobia, for the sight-fishing aspects that Garbo described. Big, dumb and full of....uh, ...flavor.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I'd have to agree with any fish you can see as he takes the bait or is fooled with the artificial. In the last few weeks for me that means watching Specs take a "DOA" or a Gulp under lights of a dock on the sound. Hard to beat. No boat, therefore no expense of a boat.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
for me its not so much what i catch, but how i catch it. I'd rather catch a ladyfish under a light on 4lb gear than i would a bull red on 30lb gear, or a king on a big trolling rod. I especially love sight fishing for pomps in the surf with a jig. I'd really like to try my hand at sight fishing redfish, i might have to take eric up on his charters. but yea its either pomps in the surf, or catching billfish. when you see that bill show up in the spreadand start knocking baits aroundafter hours of looking behind the boat and seeing nothing...theres no greater sight

basically i love catching anything, aslong as its sporting and a challenge

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I'm with Josh. I can't think of a bigger thrill than hooking anything in saltwater from my little boat on a trolling lure I made or rigged. Keep in mind this a once a year opportunity ( if even that anymore)that I plan and live for.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The best fight ever, and I wish for it every time I go fishing is.......... to hook up on a 25lb+ Bull Mahi on a cedar plug. Toss it out there next to the grass and watch him scream out from underneath and nail it. There was line running off the reel before I could even process what was going on. Man what a feeling.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Pompano, Whiting and Redfish for me! I love to surf fish and I guess I'm going to do some research for advice on what a Shark rig for surf fishing needs to look like. Oh, and gigging Flounder too!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts