Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one had any bait today so we had to go find some crabs to go sheepie fishing. Jesse flipped over a rock and this was under it. I googled clawed shrimp and the closest I could find to what we had was a pistol shrimp. Does anybody know what this is for sure?

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's a crawfish, but a little different species I think than the ones we eat so routinely. We catch that species occasionally here in Mississippi and more often in Louisiana, but they never get very big. I always throw those back.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I used to catch all my own critters for my saltwater aquarium right down at the Galvez Landing boat ramp with a dip net pushed through the grass. pistol shrimp, spider crabs, pipefish, seahorses, eels, green shrimp, file fish and even some sargassum fish! There are alot of really cool creatures in our local waters!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Give it month and pick up about 30lbs more then call me and we'll introduce them tospicy water and give it a taste...:hungry

Did it catch any sheepshead???

Jimmy

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Don?t see the claws like on a pistol shrimp.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">

1 - 10 of 10 Posts