Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Why were most of your guns bought?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mines Bigger
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a simple question. I know guns are used for a lot of different reasons, just wanting to see what's most popular.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I'm with the others. Need to add "it is our right" to the poll, then add the selection of "all of the above" ... then I can answer accurately.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Why, need a reason; its our right.

This is like asking why guys like to fish or tune their cars.

I frankly don't have an express reason why, but its a combination of all the above minus hunting.

·
Bearded Brotula
14,211 Posts
Add an "All of the above" option and I'll click that.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Ditto. All of the above.

I own rifles for hunting, protection and sporting purposes.
I own shotguns for hunting, protection and sporting purposes.
I own hand guns for protection and sporting purposes.

And as a big bonus, I own all of them because it really pisses off the anti gun, whack job, liberals.

·
Mines Bigger
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not saying you need a reason just curious. I think if I owned a gun it would be for all 4 but primarily would be used for hunting and protection while hunting. I'm all for the good guys having more guns than the bad guys though. I think a basic shotgun would be a good start for me. I can hunt about anything with it I guess. I have too bad of a temper to have a concealed handgun, think it would lead to more harm than good but have no problem with ya'll packin.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I'm not saying you need a reason just curious. I think if I owned a gun it would be for all 4 but primarily would be used for hunting and protection while hunting. I'm all for the good guys having more guns than the bad guys though. I think a basic shotgun would be a good start for me. I can hunt about anything with it I guess. I have too bad of a temper to have a concealed handgun, think it would lead to more harm than good but have no problem with ya'll packin.
You got me thinking now. Are there any other members on here that don't own a gun? I guess I just assumed if you were over 18 and on this forum you had at least one gun, but I guess that was wrong.

·
Mines Bigger
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I grew up on the water, not in the woods so I never really needed 1. Most of the hunting I've done has been on private property with a friends gun. Back then keeping things legal wasn't much of a worry, but now that I can get in trouble I'm going to get the proper permits, licenses , ect.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
All of our guns were lost in an unfortunate series of events. :rolleyes: I do however believe that gun ownership is an important right that should be exercised by all qualified/responsible Americans.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I to was going to hit all choices but the voting pole doesnt allow you to vote showing you had more than one purpose in mind,, I will take it this thread will be used in the election ,,,,,Ya only get one choice,,,, LOL ... olecarver

·
Professional bad ass
527 Posts
I picked hunting, but only because I enjoy it more. I carry one or two on my person all the time and have a couple spread out in my house for protection. I have a couple that I guess you would say I collect because I will only rarely ever shoot them I just really like them so I'm keeping them. As far as sporting purposes, I don't go to ranges or anything but I will go out plinking with a 22 or whatever I happen to have a couple extra boxes of ammo of and just shoot whatever crosses my path in the wods like magnolia flowers, pinecones, bee hives, bones, and well whatever else I feel like shooting that day. I don't do that too often but by a kid a red Ryder BB gun when he's little and you hook him for life

·
Super Moderator
29,564 Posts
No option fer all around GUN NUT!!!!;):thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.