Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
cline4 (10/31/2009)LOL, this guy is really trying to stir things up. I think Will has a right to his opinion. It is crazy how many "Will haters" there are on here. It seems like he is being quite civil with his comments since returning from being banned. I have read all the poststhat caused all the problems and it lookslike there are several people who wanna stirWill up so they can "get rid of him" again. Everyone needs to calm down. He is just pointing out that he doesn"t beleive in the "government conspiracy" theory of fish management that many here seem to beleive in. Although data may be skewed, mostmanagement decisions are made with good intentions. I appreciate all opinions, let's all keep this debate on areasonable level. Calling people out is really juvenile....completelyunreasonable. If you wanna make a statement and impress people, use your brain, don't be a jack.....

burp.....whats up with the pic of my ol ladys ass in your avatar.

This is one of the most intelligent post ive seen to date.it needs to be framed and put in the PFF bathroom in the handicapped stall

·
Registered
173 Posts
Cline, not trying to be a jack---. Like I stated, I did not read hardly any of this thread, from the start it was another argument. Why can we not use this forum as a learning and information sharing tool instead of starting threads that are known just to cause arguments. PM's only if you want to discuss our difference's.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Cast, if you will read, even the admin for this site responded to the thread, so it can't be ALL bad. I beleive we all have the right to argue our side of things, that is what makes America what it is. If not, WHY IS OBAMA leading our ill fated country...lol.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
cline4 (10/31/2009)Cast, if you will read, even the admin for this site responded to the thread, so it can't be ALL bad. I beleive we all have the right to argue our side of things, that is what makes America what it is. If not, WHY IS OBAMA leading our ill fated country...lol.

because the people in offices vote that counts were blinded by promises of greener grass and brighter rainbows...kinda like what the SOS plan is about...tell you exactly what you wanna hear to get you to back it

·
Registered
387 Posts
Cast-N-Call (10/31/2009)Don't call me out like that. I was not trying to be noticed, I just believe if we start splitting and not fighting as a group we will get no where. The Gulf of Mexico as well as all coastal waters are or resource and we should all fight together to manage it.

I might get booted for this, Will please PM me and I will arrange a place that we can meet, next time I come down I would love to mop the floor with your face.
wow,internet threats,does anyone understand you cant threaten another person at anytime,leo might want to ask u a few questions.its only a forum,if you dont like the topic or it pisses u off,just move on to the next one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Cline, I agree 100%, but arguing will get us no where. SOS, GOMARS, Tags, however the method, nothing will change, we will get screwed. No matter if you believe there is truth to the claim that snapper's, AJ's, trigger's, manatee's, mermaid's, and any other creature the government is trying to claim is being overfished, we all need to stand together and fight for our right to fish. We all have had relatives that fought and could have died for this country to secure freedom, our right to fish. I would hate for the government to regulate me on how many bream, bass or crappie I could take out of my pond.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If I understand current law, the government regulates pretty much everything in our lives today, including how many bass, bream, and catfish you can catch. So the government has already dominated freshwater fishing....

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I for one dont do alot of bottom fishing either BUT no one that loves to fish offshore should disregard the SOS as a simple probelm for the bottom fishing crowd. BECAUSE it isnt this is how we lose our rights to fish period. Just because they (they being the goverment) start with ARS does not mean they intend to stop there. We must as group ( the whole group) ban togther to stop this. We can no longer depend on charter captains to fight the good fight for the recreational sector. The charter guys are here to make money just like the rest of the commercial fishermen. We the people of the gulf coast need to stop supporting the charter fleet and anyone who supplies them locally.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Let me just say this, I don't know crap about offshore fishing.... I just wanted to redirect this thread to the original intent, debating regs. Don't send me PMs about different regs, I am a surf fisherman and really don't keep up with all the offshore regs. I agree that the government doesn't need to be making sh*t up just for the h*ll of is, but there are times when legitimate regulation is required. I have no idea which is reasonable here, I just think there should be a reasonable debate without threats being required. I have successfully been able to derail this thread back to it's original discussion......lol.

Desperado, if that's your old lady's a$$.....NICE....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Will, you have been right about most that you have posted on this thread about snapper, but you have a way to raise the hair on the back of everyones neck in the process. People would have a lot more respect for you without all the bullshit. There are a lot of folks on this forum that don't know and are trying to learn and you come on so strong you scare them.

Happy halloween

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
cline4,

i sent you a PM in hopes of educating you. I at no time threatened you. I do not understand why you join a debate when obviously you have no idea what is going on and dont care to learn. You are part of the probelm not the solution. This is the exact behavior that got us where we are today.

·
Registered
84 Posts
billn,

I, in no way, have attempted to suggest that you where threatening anybody. It was a threat from Cast to Desperado that I was referring to earlier. Thanks for the PM. I have already stated the I don't know much about the change in regs, etc. I DO KNOW that arguing here with members is not going to help the cause. If we could all state our case reasonably, maybe we could all work together. When a member ask a legit question, responding with threats (not meaning you) is not productive. I appreciate that you have an opinion and realize that gov regs can get overwhelming.and progressive Thanks for helping to educate me and others, I will be doing some research into this and establish a stance. At least we can all agree the Willwanted usto debate this issue, that is why he started this thread....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Will this is how you make friends and get along with people. I have posted some of these # for the dutch banks but I am adding a few. Some of the newbys don't know me and may not have these #'s so I thought I would post them again. They are close enough most can get to them. ASK DEEPLINES ANDBAD ASS CHEFABOUT THESE NUMBERS!

DUTCH BANKS

30-10.263 87-27.131

30-10.285 87-27.161

30-10.802 87-26.752

30-10.396 87-25.526

30-10.635 87-24.924

30-10.450 87-24.878

30-09.865 87-24.863

30-10.038 87-28.081

30-11.194 87-14.764

30-11.193 87-14.753

30-11.139 87-14.715

Your turn Will. Since you don't bottom fish anymore you would not mind giving up some ofyour #'s to some of the new people!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Like I said earlier, no threats just invites.

If this thread was not started to start crap, then what happened to the SOS prevails thread? Last time I logged on was a little after dinner yesterday and it was eight pages long. A certain someone had just started reposting and causing argument that was not needed, and I log on today to find that thread deleted. I just assumed that someone caused some heat that was not needed and the thread was deleted. I know what assumptions make a man, but if I am wrong then I apologize. Why start a thread asking a question what the deal is when most free American fisherman that are involved in this forum to begin with know what the deal is. I am sorry if I derailed a thread that I did not read completely, but why start a thread to question other recreational fisherman? We must all stand together for our freedom.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I saw this a few moths ago and all I can think about is what's endangeredRecreational Fishermanor the Snapper,

"Deadliest Catch" Capts. Sig Hansen and Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand To Help With Promoting the Seafood Industry

The trio also will soon be featured in a public-awareness campaign promoting Florida seafood products and the "working waterfronts" where the state's fishing heritage is preserved and cultivated, a news release about the campaign said.

Capts. Sig Hansen and Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand -- well-known to viewers of the Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch" series about Alaskan crab fishing in the Bering Sea -- will appear in TV spots and other media promoting Florida's fishing industry.

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Charles H. Bronson, whose department promotes the state's agriculture and seafood industries and helps administer the state's Working Waterfronts <U>Program</U>, said he appreciates the popular fishing celebrities' willingness to assist with Florida's efforts.

"Whether fishing in subfreezing temperatures in the Bering Sea or in balmy waters off the Florida coast, America's commercial fishermen understand the hard <U>work</U> that goes into bringing in their catch," Bronson said. "I'm delighted that Sig, Johnathan and Andy are <U>lending</U> their status as internationally known fishing captains to help us raise public awareness of the important contributions that Florida's fishermen make to our state and nation."

Bronson said that Florida's fishing industry has faced numerous challenges in recent years. He hopes that as the public learns more about Florida fishermen and the struggles they face to supply consumers with quality products, the more they will ask for domestically harvested seafood when shopping or dining out.

"In recent years, hurricanes have damaged fishing fleets, equipment and processing infrastructure, cheap seafood imports have flooded U.S. markets, and soaring fuel prices have drastically increased our fishermen's cost of doing business," Bronson said. "But, even when faced with this 'perfect storm' of adversity, our state's fishermen persevere. Consumers can help by always asking for Florida-harvested seafood products."

Florida's commercial fishermen annually harvest more than 83 million pounds of quality seafood and fishery products with a dockside value of more than $168 million. Florida leads the U.S. in the number of seafood processing businesses with 500. Another 800 businesses buy and sell seafood as dockside fish buyers, wholesale brokers, importers or exporters. Retail and restaurant sales of Florida products total $24 billion annually.

The television public service announcements featuring the three fishing captains are expected to start airing statewide in December. Images of Hansen, captain of the "Northwestern," and the Hillstrand brothers, co-captains of the "Time Bandit," will also appear in print and Web-based media.

In addition to promotions featuring the three fishing celebrities, the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is producing a series of documentaries about several of Florida's working waterfronts. The extended-length HD videos will detail the historical development of each area's commercial fishing industry, promote tourism, and spotlight the fishermen who bring home Florida's "Tastiest Catch." The first video, titled "Florida's Fishing Traditions: Sebastian," will be released in October. Future videos will feature Cortez, Tarpon Springs, Jacksonville, Destin/Apalachicola, and Miami/Keys.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hey guys I posted something to try andderail this tread. Let it go! Will can make you the maddest you have ever been and all he does is laugh about it. If he gets you, You let him.

·
Registered
337 Posts
the snapper were first dicovered and fished her in the pensacola areaby the commercial guys back before it made 2 damns about numbers because they were abundant and very easy to catch (there is a book on this).... transportation was crappy at best and supply was good..... increase yourtransportation efficiency and you need more supply..... now mutiply this over the past 100 years and increase the number of people your feeding with the supply and you arive at our problem of over fishing. you cannot feed our nation.... much less the other country's (ie canadian cash trucks) with the product from just our coastlines and i mean all the way up the eastern seaboard. so regulation is going to get much tighter so that the comercial industrie can feed the country our seafood.my uncle started the trigger craze inpcola and it only took about 5-8 years before they got scarse..... it wasnt that the catch numbers dropped that much.... it was that other people started asking why the guy in pensacola was buying all those trash fish for 1.25 a pound....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yes you are correct, but that was individuals in a small wayand not the state. There was a try by a lot by them selves but the state of Alabama came in and made it happen and put it on the map.

·
Registered
379 Posts
That is why I agreed with Will on Red snapper being a trash fish. Was then and always will be in my book. A lot of fish that we catch now were trash fish back then because there were so many fish. You had to go to destin fishing rocks to catch snapper back then. The bottom off Pensacola at that time was slick sand. Alabama started a reef program in the early 80's that made it the red snapper capital of the nation and they have kept with it. What happened to Florida? Some of the things I see on the menu at high end restaurants nowwere trash fish when I grew up. I swam and skied In bayou TEXAR back then also? Caught bass under the 12th ave. bridge. Things have changed over 50 years, now the goverment tells you how many fish you can catch, but does not tell you how many you can catch and kill? I am just rambiling about my past growing up in Pensacola and seeing the changes that have happened. I was a PIER RAT and can prove it in 1964. But moved up to other things. I grew up in cordova park from 1959 Till I got shipped off to Birmingham in 1968 but still fished with all my buddies till present. I remember renting a boat and buying bait at the oyster barn.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts