Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday we ate stuffed Flounder and it was so good, I got hairlipped over it. I love to eat fish and that stuffed Flounder was as good as stuffed Flounder can possibly be. My favorite fish to eat is Scamp, and my Wifes is Pompano. Don't get me wrong I love Raw YFT, and Grilled Wahoo just like the next guy, but Scamp is the best fish for quality as I have ever tasted.

Are we offbase with everyone else?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
The (FRESH!) one I just caught! Having said that, it'd be a tossup between tripletail and flounder, but I enjoy the heck out of fresh trout, reds, grouper, mullet, almacos, etc. Guess I'm just a fishing slut!:bpts:shedevil:letsparty

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have always heard that Tripletail are very good, but I have yet to confirm that for myself.

·
Registered
724 Posts
for me it is (in no order) trigger throats/cheeks; trigger fillet;sheephead;any gulf grouper.

all the others are great. i guess just depends if you can cook it good yourself or have to rely on a restaurant to lie to you about what you just ate.

i agree w/above. really anything fresh above. cobia is about the only gulf fish i am capable of catching but have never caught. have pretty much caught every other type of species i am going to catch with my limitations. so i have never eaten cobia. self imposed rule. dont eat what you cant reasonably catch.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The best fish I've ever prepared was Cobia. Best fish I've ever had period was grouper almondine topped with sauteed crawfish!!! Starting to get hungry now.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Bluegill

Walleye

dolphin

YFT/BFT fresh minus drive from LA to Knoxville cooked on my grill (doubters haven't tried it and wouldn't know the difference!)

unknown grouper used in grouper sandwich at Peg leg Pete's

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Crappie, grouper, who am I kiddin, I like too many to list. That's it! I'm heading for the freezer to thaw some fish for supper.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Pompano En Papillot

crabmeat stuffed flounder

grouper

then the rest...love freshwater fish too...

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
it's basically pompano in a paper bag...

it baked in parchment paper with an incredible sauce. i'll have dale get me her recipe and share it with you curtis. the bag blows up like a balloon while cooking. you just stab it when it come out and when it deflates, you get the most incredible aroma...

truely the best prepared fish dish i know of...

POMPANO PAPILLOTTES

serves: 6
2 pounds pompano fillets, boned and skinned
4 ounces butter
1/2 cup white wine
salt, ground white pepper to taste
2 ounces sherry wine
6 ounces cooked shrimp, sliced
6 ounces crabmeat
2 cups cream sauce
1 dash Tabasco

Melt half of the butter in a sauté pan. Add scallions. Place pompano fillets on top. Cover, and steam for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the white wine, sherry, salt, and pepper.
Cook until pompano is firm. Transfer fish to a pan and keep warm. To the same pan, add the cooked sliced shrimp and crabmeat. Stir in the sauce. Bring to a boil. Adjust seasonings.
Cut the parchment paper into six heart shapes, about 14 inches (35 cm ) wide. Oil one side of paper.
Place two tablespoons of seafood on right side of hearts. Tope each with pompano, 2 tablespoons of sauce and fold left half of heart. Roll edges to seal.
Bake in a hot oven until bags puff. Serve hot with remaining cream sauce.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Mike. I promise to one day return the favor. BTW it sounds pretty dang good too.

·
Super Moderator
27,947 Posts
Blackened (And I mean BLACKENED) Amberjack, Blackened Grouper, Stuffed Flounder (Boy on a Dolphin) use to have the best....reminds me is Boy on a Dolphin open anymore (last time I went there was about 17 years ago)???

Probably in that order then you have fried mullet, fried catfish, and fried bream in that order too!:clap

1 - 20 of 50 Posts