Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Striper
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure this has been a topic of discussion threw the years, but what is the best broadhead on the market that shoots true and can handle a little bone action if needed?

I lost the biggest deer of my life last year with a Rage 2 blade so im looking to change. Your thoughts?

·
Hunter
507 Posts
I love this thread every year. Why did you lose your big deer? Why was it rages fault? I shoot rage and have seen it cut through several ribs of 300lb deer and out the other side. I have shot 15-20 deer with my rages and have never lost once since I started using them. So, I have no complaints about rages, yet. Slick tricks are always on the top of everyones list also.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
As long as you shoot a mathews, it doesnt matter what kind of broad head you shoot. You will kill every animal every time as long as the arrow comes out of a mathews bow.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
578 Posts
The ones that fly the best with your arrows. Not to big, not too small, just the right one! I have never shot the rage, lots of people shoot them, I prefer fixed blades. Trial and error.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Im sure this has been a topic of discussion threw the years, but what is the best broadhead on the market that shoots true and can handle a little bone action if needed?

I lost the biggest deer of my life last year with a Rage 2 blade so im looking to change. Your thoughts?
G5 Montec or Slick Trick.
<easy button>

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
------------------------------------------------------------------
WELL,..............it is September afterall.
And the rack of broadheads at the hunting store is constantly changing, so I don't see why not have this conversation every year!

I don't know which is best, they all will do the job if the shot is good. I've got muzzy's, blood runners, hell razors and rage 2 blades...the muzzy's will get the first shot this year though.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts