Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
ive always called Garbos posts, "forum fillers".. every few days they give me something to read and sometimes reply to but always something that entertains.. for awhile i didnt understand why he posted them so much but now i figured it out. he likes to keep people entertained. i havent had the chance to meet him yet but he offered to take me fly fishing and let me use his tackle(i dont have any of my own) and for that i know he has to be a dang good guy:bowdown

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
from one of his threads...

http://pensacolafishingforum.com/fishingforum/Topic8434-2-1.aspx

his answer...

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl1_lblFullMessage>"I get asked that often. Here's mine."

Garbo

"Years ago when Steve owned the P/cola Pier(when it was madecompletely of wood)I fished it often and when someone fed a fish then missed the hookset, he was called a Garbo, sometimes Garb for short. I missed my fair share, but the name was the closest relation I had to Pensascola."

i've known him a fews years now and met curtis on this forum...he's a heckuva a husband (tonya might chime in on that..j/k), father, person and sportsman and like someone said, he'll do just about anything he can for you...

and like i said on some other thread...if you don't like the questions then, move on...not trying to be pissy on that...

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I ask again, because I have read it several times recently????? I don't get it.

Your reply is the most important part as well as the greatest read. Over the years I have really enjoyeda huge number ofstories that I have read following a simple question that got an Incredible Reply.

I may ask a question from time to time, but I don't see anything about aquestionI would ask so different it would deserveit's ownmoniker.

What makes a question not just a question but a "Garbo Question"?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
i don't see it as a bad thing, Garbo! you're a celebrity in my book, sir. it's a forum. you start conversations and make people think - on a forum. it's good stuff. don't think i've ever read anything bad about you from anyone that's actually met you. i've noticed it recently too but i don't see it in a negative light. i see "dang" as a Garbo response. that's not a bad thing, right? don't sweat the haters. my thought is, if they're talkin about you, you're doing something right! :letsdrink

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Is a question that is designed to elicit an emotion or response from the forum. One that is generally well intended but can be seen as controversial. Usually one that makes one think and share. Usually a thoughtful question posed in such a way as not to offend. Not always the case. Usually a good thread that illicits good responses from others.

At least that is how I see it. "What is agreat Garbo Question?", should be the topic. One that waswritten ayear ago and still elicits responses as if it was new. One that illicits a positive and thoughtful emotion that begs the reader to dig down into his or her own life and share their experiences. Just my .02

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree with the above :) Even if I can't accurately define it, I enjoy Garbo posts every time. I've been lurkin instead of postin for a long while due to bein sick of tosser posts, but Garbo, your posts are still, almost a year later, my favorites. Keep it up boss! :clap matter o fact, when it warms up a hair more Garbo, if you feel like takin a drive down Fort Morgan road to where my boat's at, I'd be honored if you'd be my guest, we'll tear up the bay a lil bit.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Wharf Rat (7/13/2009)
Garbo (7/13/2009)On a couple of threads recently I have read in a post,something that goes about like"This may sound like a Garbo Question".

What does that mean?
This thread is a pretty good example.
+1 I can't believe you had to ask LOL! It's not a bad thing!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts