Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,502 Posts
sneaker head as you can tell from the look on top (his suckers)...Poor mans cobia...Remora

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Remora are interesting little fish (although a nuisance when you're bait fishing for snapper or triggers) - they follow bigger fish around and use that sucker plate on top of their head to attach to the underside of things (often sharks) so they can gobble up scraps as the 'host' fish feeds.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Yeah, they're a real pain when chumming.
I've got a funny remora story. One of nephews, who was quite "plump", went on the boat with us one day and was laying asleep on the bow when my daughter caught a large remora. I unhooked him and placed him on my hephew's belly, where he obligingly sucked down tight. When I finally peeled him off, he left a hickey that would've made a shop vac envious.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,780 Posts
Yeah, they're a real pain when chumming.
I've got a funny remora story. One of nephews, who was quite "plump", went on the boat with us one day and was laying asleep on the bow when my daughter caught a large remora. I unhooked him and placed him on my hephew's belly, where he obligingly sucked down tight. When I finally peeled him off, he left a hickey that would've made a shop vac envious.

Or free lining for a mingo and it jets out from under the boat and grabs your line. GGrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts