Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys/Gals? I get to the Gulf Coast about once every 3-4 years. I love surf fishing and will say, if it wasn't for the family, I'm not sure I'd put the rod down. But we all know how that goes. My question is this, what else would I enjoy as far as fishing goes. We occasionally rent a charter and load up for a day of fishing inshore, but I've never tried anything else. Do any of you try or enjoy fishing the piers or the jetties? Any recommendations. I must say that I enjoy eating the fish and taking them home with me, so I guess I'd like my fishing centered around that. We'll be in Panama City July 14-21. Do you have a charter you might recommend as well? Thanks all!

·
Registered
149 Posts
try fishing off the beach at night. The sharks should be in close in july,blacktips are good eating, Fresh bait is best.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you want something fun and not your usual charter, try the kayak. I’ve heard good things about Nick Little of Navarre Kayak Fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do enjoy freshwater fishing, but I get to do plenty of that in Missouri. Looking for something different. The kayak fishing sounds awesome. I've watched a lot of videos on youtube. They seem to have a lot of fun with it. I must say I would be a little concerned with safety. I'd want to do it out in the deep waters, and I'm no spring chicken (47) and a couple of the guys my age are a little thick (me being nice) and I wonder how well they'd handle it. I reached out to a local (Panama City) kayak charter. Night fishing will definitely get done. Thanks for all the input fellas. If you think of something else, let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts