Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
eating tasty
3,660 Posts
I released a scamp a couple of years ago by pegleg pete's... he had been on ice for 6 hours and when i went to filet him he kicked... I asked the customers if they cared if I released him, 6 hours out of water and still alive I figured he deserved a second chance. A little water over the gills and he swam off. He was prob 18 inches... maybe this is one of his offspring!!

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
FenderBender (12/18/2009)I released a scamp a couple of years ago by pegleg pete's... he had been on ice for 6 hours and when i went to filet him he kicked... I asked the customers if they cared if I released him, 6 hours out of water and still alive I figured he deserved a second chance. A little water over the gills and he swam off. He was prob 18 inches... maybe this is one of his offspring!!

Wow, thats one tough fish, he deserved another chance for sure

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FenderBender (12/18/2009)I released a scamp a couple of years ago by pegleg pete's... he had been on ice for 6 hours and when i went to filet him he kicked... I asked the customers if they cared if I released him, 6 hours out of water and still alive I figured he deserved a second chance. A little water over the gills and he swam off. He was prob 18 inches... maybe this is one of his offspring!!
Well if thats the case bring back a few mingo and relocate them!

·
Registered
541 Posts
nice fish and definitely looks like a scamp. I have caught several small scamp but never a legal one in the bay! its funny when you release a fish that you would have eaten just to find out it was a legal prized fish!! have done that before with small legal black sea bass! needless to say.. i want that fish back for the dinner table!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts