Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I was throwing my small bait net today. Have to do it gingerly due to the surgical shoulder. Amazing how fast those finger mullet can run out from under a net in shallow water.
The net I use for this is probly 20 yrs old or more. Cheap net but does the trick. Netted A couple dozen finger mullet today with it.
Cloud Water Sky Beach Sand
Cloud Sky Fluid Water Coastal and oceanic landforms

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was throwing my small bait net today. Have to do it gingerly due to the surgical shoulder. Amazing how fast those finger mullet can run out from under a net in shallow water.
The net I use for this is probly 20 yrs old or more. Cheap net but does the trick. Netted A couple dozen finger mullet today with it. View attachment 1093524 View attachment 1093525
My kids love when I throw it on the beach over there and see what comes up. I usually catch a couple mullet or pinfish and free line it while we hang out just to see if something will eat it.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Anybody got any experience with Mullet Man & Son, I see them advertising on marketplace?

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Does anybody use a bag net for bait or only brail nets, I like a bag net for mullet and have been thinking about getting an 8 or 10’ bag net with 3/8” for LY and small baits, any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Getting a load of bait out of a bag net would probably be a pain in the bass.

Reactions: Boat-Dude

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Have y'all heard of Johnson Cast Nets?
Jimmy Johnson, a friend of mine.
I am not a cast net expert, but I know many who have purchased his hand made products, and love them.

That's who I found. I'd like to get a locally made one if possible, but a guy at work was talking up barracuda cast nets because its basically a lifetime warranty. He said as long as you still have the horn of the net they will replace it free

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
That's who I found. I'd like to get a locally made one if possible,
This is definitely hand made locally, by one man, Jimmy, a hard working buddy.
A few years ago, Jimmy opened shop to go full time cast net, verses part time cast net
His wife Corey may have a hand in it also, but I do not think so.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
That's who I found. I'd like to get a locally made one if possible, but a guy at work was talking up barracuda cast nets because its basically a lifetime warranty. He said as long as you still have the horn of the net they will replace it free
I've got a 12' 3/8" Barracuda net and it's really a great net, only problem is, I heard they went out of business.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
The net I use and can throw a hundred times a day is a 12.5ft generally around 16- 18 pounds. I've got some roe nets between 20-26 pounds. The heaviest I've heard of was pushing 40 pounds, it had lead core lead line and weights all the way around it without gaps

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
The net I use and can throw a hundred times a day is a 12.5ft generally around 16- 18 pounds. I've got some roe nets between 20-26 pounds. The heaviest I've heard of was pushing 40 pounds, it had lead core lead line and weights all the way around it without gaps
40Lbs...they probably hand you that net when you enter hell and tell you good luck.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts