Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl wants a good starter camera I have read a lot about the rebel t3, t3i a couple Nikon's but a lot of the lingo is foreign to me so I'm just as lost as I was when I started. I did find a t3 with 2 lenses tripod and carrying case for 449. I'd like to keep it under 6-700 anybody want to give me some pointers

·
Registered
955 Posts
Digital is better than film, you can see the results immediately and not have to pay for developing. Both Nikon and Cannon's are excellent cameras, I would say they make comparable products. I have a Cannon Rebel XTI and it has been fantastic for me, wonderful pictures. Make sure you get one with a lcd on the back so you can see the pictures right away rather than having to wait til you get home and on the computer, that will allow you to make corrections on the go rather than having a bunch of junk when you get home to download them.

Make sure if you get a digital camera that you get a digital lens, they capture pictures a lot quicker, but if you use a analog lens with the digital camera there is a slower shutter to my understanding.

Also packages can seem like great deals, but sometimes if you take the time and put forth the effort you can build packages individually and save more money. Don't be afraid of used lenses, much cheaper and do the same thing so long as they don't come scratched up.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have a Canon T3. It was my first SLR and it's a perfect entry level camera. I've taken about 10,000 pictures with it in the last year (no joke). You can really do a lot with it.

For $449, you can't go wrong with that camera package.

Another cool cheap accessories that will make you look like an expert:

An intervalometer ($20 on amazon) allows you to take time lapse videos with the t3.
A lens reversal ring ($6 on amazon) allows you to take super close up pictures with your normal 18-55 lens.

That package with those few extras will keep you occupied for a while :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
I've got a nikon D3000 I would let go at a good price. It's practically new. Got it to photo deer on a lease I no longer have. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Whatever you do, don't buy used unless you know how many times the shutter was activated. Most digital camera shutters are good for 100,000 actuations. After that, pictures start to come out funny. 100,000 may sound like a lot but you will take more pictures with a digital camera than a film camera because you don't have to pay for processing the film.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input. I think I've decided to go with the t3 package seems to be a good starter and in he right price range

1 - 9 of 9 Posts