Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got in from a week of vacation and while i was there i went trout fishing out of orange beach. when i started getting the fish ready to put in freezer bags i noticed that every one of the fillets had little white balls in them. they came out with a little squeeze and didn't tear the meat up and seemed to have a little string attached. also, in one fillet was a hard bloody brown lump that fell out of the inside of the meat. what are either of these things and do they affect the meat? kinda nasty lookin...especially the little brown ball....

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
i haven't done alot of spec fishing here to say for sure but when I fished for them alot in Tx, all the larger spec's would have worms like Realtor saidin the meat towards the tail. the white stringy things you pulled out sound like them. no they will not hurt you if left in but not something I ever wanted to try to find out for sure.

i'm sure there are several local inshore guys that can provide more info than me.......

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Over the years--and in the past few weeks--a lot have been said and discussed about worms in fish--Trout--in this and other Forums local to Texas-La-Miss-Ala and Fla. Bottom line--if you have eaten Fresh Trout from any of these waters--and other waters--you have more than likely eaten a few worms. But have no fear--they wont hurt you. BT66.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Over the years--and in the past few weeks--a lot have been said and discussed about worms in fish--Trout--in this and other Forums local to Texas-La-Miss-Ala and Fla. Bottom line--if you have eaten Fresh Trout from any of these waters--and other waters--you have more than likely eaten a few worms. But have no fear--they wont hurt you. BT66.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I would bet worms too. It sounds nasty but they cook out. You wouldnt know they were there if you didnt fillet it yourself. Most fish can have worms they cook the same. AJ's have some big ones sometimes. Just dont think about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts