Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know going is always better than not going, but if you had to choose only 1 night this week, tonight seems to be the night. Agree?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Walked national Seashore and saw plenty of baby flatties and one track left from a really good one. saw plenty of crabs and enjoyed the water

·
Registered
44 Posts
Walked national Seashore and saw plenty of baby flatties and one track left from a really good one. saw plenty of crabs and enjoyed the water

·
Registered
791 Posts
Spooney it was a hard night. Started at 10:00, water was stained and the wind kicked up around midnight. Managed 6, and had a couple around 19 to 20 inches. called it quits around 12.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Extremely high tide and dirty water done us in too. Only managed one but he was a pretty good one. We pulled out about 10:30 after running and looking over 20 miles east to west. Dirtiest water I've seen all year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Went gigging last night as well, and had the same problem. Was at the same place I went to Monday night(water was pretty clear), and sure enough you could not see 4 ft. down. Can someone explain what has an influence on the water clarity, besides rain? Kind of new to the whole gigging thing, but am still learning.

John B.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm a little unsure about the effects of the cold front. I intend to wade for flounder on Saturday night (because that's when I can go.) Looks like 5 to 10 kt. N/NW winds. Thinking of wading the sound (Rio Vista) or the north side of the island toward Ft. Pickens. Any advice in terms of which place? Don't have much control over the when.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts