Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have ansg4000 with 20 lb braid on a 6' stiff action rod that i will use in close to docks pilings other structure. what weight should i set my drag at?

also have sg3000 with 10 lb braid on a 7.5' stiff action rod for out in the open. what weight should i set my drag at?

mainly targeting reds n specks

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok just gonna set the4000 with 20 lb at 12 lbs and my 3000 with 10 lb at 7 lbs. no other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">With those size reels I always set the drag by feel; I don?t know what the actual setting is.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so apparently i was misinformed when i was told to set it a little lite and leave it there and instead of readjusting it use my finger on the side of the reel to slow heavy runs. i would really appreciate some more info on adjusting my drag

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The scale method is the most accurate way to set your drag. You can try to set the drag by feel, many people do. But many of these anglers have their drag set too tight and too tight equals lost fish.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
the standard is 25-30% of the line strength and added pressure with the palm of fingers when needed but most everything under 20lb is usually set by feel .Plus braid usually breaks alot more than whats on the package.

TIM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts