Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bite has been pretty hot lately but today it was out of control. Our first stop produced four little reds between 20-23" and we got our limit in the boat. Our second spot was a flat that has some nice rocks close by and the fish turned on for us and we got into some absolute studs for 3 straight hours. We had 2 triple hookups, 4 double hookups, and 20 single hookups, every fish between 25-31". We ended the trip on a double hookup and called it a day. By far some of the fastest fishing (catching) we have had this year.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's paint at its best!! Yeah, we primarily fish Destin. We'll be making our way over to Pcola next Saturday for an Emerald Coast Redfish Club tournament. Haven't fished that area since my UWF days when we would sneak out on some Sherrif's Deputy's dock late at night to fish the sound...I miss college!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reds are flooding the flats right now. We are netting little pilchards with a 1/4" mesh on the flats and then going right back in the same area and catching redfish with them. The larger baits (3"+) we are freelining with a 3/0 circle hook. The smaller guys are going under a popping cork with a little bit smaller hook.My brother and Iwent out yesterday for the Nick's September Showdown and caught over 40 reds, all of them between 3 and 7 pounds, and every one of them in less than 4 feet of water. Ended up taking 1st and 3rd in the redfish division. The day before we caught them on the north side of the bay, yesterday we caught all of them on the south side of the bay. I've been cruising around the flats on days I don't have trips and seeing just ridiculous numbers of reds on numerous flats. They're definitely getting thicker in Choctawhatchee this year.

Here is what we caught on our first cast yesterday, saw the school coming for us while we were looking for bait and couldn't resist...even though there was no jack division in the tournament it was a blast. Hooked in on a skitterwalk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts