Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Alumacrafty
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from Minnesota and come down to Destin area for some fishing. I am disabled so I get to a spot and hang there for the day. In the past I can usually catch a few reds, black drum, blues and flounder. This year nothing, nada, had one bit on cut bate. Using, live shrimp, fresh peeled shrimp and cut bait along with Fishbites. Was it the hurricane or did a red tide come through? We haven’t even caught a cat. What is going on.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Most likely red tide to be blamed. I fished at list 6 times over the winter and only managed 1 catfish. Sad story, few years from now and it should be good again.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Been slow in Panama City as well. I blame the rain, hurricane and red tide. The hurricane followed by an above average amour of rain muddied up the water here pretty bad.

·
Alumacrafty
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been slow in Panama City as well. I blame the rain, hurricane and red tide. The hurricane followed by an above average amour of rain muddied up the water here pretty bad.
Thank you for your input. It is all making Sean’s now as to why there just seems to be no fish around the surf.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I don’t know if it’ll help but try to set up close to a pier or jetties. That should hold some better fish. Tomorrow morning should be ideal with the small warm front and tide change around 7am. You have a small window but you might land something better. Best wishes it’s always tough in January!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts