Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first of. Penn reels Suck!!!! Thanks to my American made POS I lost my first Bull Red.

I was using Strech 25. So after the reels drag locked up. I went in to do some Trout fishing.

Ended up with 20 or so Troutsome legal some not with a bonusSeveral of croakers. I know where I can catch some bait! Anyway, ended up out all day was not planning on that. But had fun, Minus the reel screw up. Sorry if you all heard me cushing out there in the pass today. But that fish blew up that lure. So I can't be to mad. I was not working. LOL! Somewhere there's a fish with a 25 sticking out of his mouth.:banghead

Penn Reels for Sale!!!:banghead

·
Registered
515 Posts
You've been having problems w/ that Penn for a while now! At least you got on some trout. Give me a shout if you head out again. I'm still unemployed right there with ya! :(

·
Registered
386 Posts
you will have plenty more bull reds to catch, at least you got some trout good luck out there Garett

p.s. buy a shimano ;)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking tomorrow.Let me see if I have to work.Ah, waitthats right I don't!

If it was like this morning I'm going again.

I want my lure back!! LOL!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Well I have 5 penn reels on shimano rods and 3 shimano reels on the same , and never lost a fish and caught all 14 redfish on 15lb test line today , plus I have fished with Penn reels all my life and never had a problem, But That doesn't mean they are perfect!!!!! Nice catch of trout anyway!!!! can't complain about that!!!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have three 5500 4500 4300 all crap! Never again! Three strikes your out!

Yes I can't complain about catching the Trout! But spending money hope'n that it was just one bad one. I already had to have all three fixed. I did'nt buy them to not work properly.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,261 Posts
Sorry about the lost fish Mark but at least you where out fishing. Personally I wouldn't use a spinner for trolling a stretch,but that's just one mans opinion. If your headed to the Office tonight bring it with you and we'll see if we can't get it fixed up. I can fix anything,after all I am a Barber:moon

·
Super Moderator
7,126 Posts
Mark,

I am going to take away all of your rods and get you a cane pole so you can start again from scratch. Your performance is really embarrasing. Are you sure you were bornin Florida or were you transplanted from New York? I will plan a "training trip" as soon as hunting season is done up here. You need to tighten up!!!!!!

Mike:Flipbird

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I talked to Penn and they are going to do something. Just disappointed. I was crawling while I was trowling or if you want to call it that. The reels drag locked up while the fish was running. That shit should'nt happen with any reel. Thatsone man's opinion. F it:letsdrink

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
You guys are too funny, sorry about the Red. I recommend the $29.00 pos Wally World sells. I did very well on it in Fourchon a couple of years ago. They are disposable.:poke

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,261 Posts
When was the last time you took the drag washers out of the spool to clean them? Could have been equiptment failure but more than likely the user:moon Don't hate the player,hate the game:shedevil

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,261 Posts
Hey,now that wasn't a very nice thing to say Jeremy:crying

Mark if it's 4 wks old and this is the first that ya used it,I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt and am 115% positively sure that it is operator error:banghead Seriously,bring it down to Sams and we'll take a look see what exactly it is that "YOU" did wrong:letsdrink

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Well I am glad to see some other people agree with me I was holding my tough,did not want to be an A--, I have been trolling with spinners for over 35 years and never had a reel break down while I was fighting a fish, like I said I had 3 550ssg's on MH rods and caught280 lbs of fish on tuesday with 15lb-t line {an average of 20lb's per fish time's 14} and got all of them to the boat, you do not need,TLD's or Gti"s Or internations to troll for fish under 60-80pounds, as long as you are not trying to troll stretch 25's OVER 6-7 mph on a mh rod, if you are looking to troll for WAHOO, tuna's, white"s sailfishor blue's than yes you are not dealing with reality {Just one man,s opinion}!!!!! If they are under warranty come by HHT in Navarre and I can send It to P.C To have them or It repaired, Just to let you know I caught a 120lb plus tarpon in Pensacola bay some time ago with a 750 penn on 25 lb test which I still have and It's never been worked on, I guess 1 Man's Junk Is another Mans Treasure!!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Hey Mark Was not trying to make you look likeyou didn't know what you were doing,my main thing was to tell Xanadu He was wrong,there's nothing wrong with trolling stretches with a 5500, or a 550,I guess I have just been lucky!!You more than likely did nothing wrong and believe meI am far from an expert would rather be lucky than Good anyday!!! and your right you don't need a internationalto troll the bay or gulf but I try to tell people that everyday At work, and they look at me like I am an idiot, It's just that some people Read more than they Should!! I am like you I think I will keep my opinion's to myself from now on and stop posting reports and giving my opinion, Better luck next time!! Redfish:banghead:banghead

1 - 20 of 23 Posts