Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, we went out with Captain Steve yesterday. We had an absolute blast! Also had some unusual fishing to say the least. This was my buddies first trip out and he caught the biggest sheepshead I have ever personally seen(We were offshore too!?) Then he caught some smaller fish(Mingo, Trigger and the elusive Red Snapper:doh). Then we moved on to a little deeper water and caught all the 30 inch AJ's I wanted to before moving on to the bigger guys. The only thing I would change about the entire trip is the order of the two AJ haunts(but it was my idea because the first was closer). I was done after hooking(and loosing what must have been a 60 pound or better AJ), but the outdoorsman in me would not let me stop after that and I jigged for another one. It wasn't anytime before we brought up a 50+ pound AJ into the boat. That was my keeper, so we did not fish much longer than that! LOL He let me catch AJ's till I was DONE! Today Steve really put us onto the fish, under some conditions that others wouldn't have. I wanted AJ's and he took me to the big ones(especially for this area). I just wanted to say thanks to him and give out my highest recommendations to an awesome captain!We enjoyedspending time "Jackin' Jaws" with him as much as we did fishing.Well, I am AJ sore and tired, so I'm gonna go put some Icy Hot on my sore shoulders and grin myself to sleep. If anyone is looking to go outwith a great captain who does this because he truly loves it,drop him a line.He's kinda hard to find on the internet through a search(although he does have a nice site), but here is is email. Drop him a line at [email protected] Tell him the crazy Kentuckians sent ya and you'll probably both have a laugh as he tells you about our first AJ experience! I will post some pics when I get back home or if I can get Captain Steve to email me some.Here's wishing Tight Lines to everyone!

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
It was a pleasure to read your post. There are few thing in life like a good day of fishing and it sounds like you had a good boat, a good captain, good friends and you all took home great memories that will last the rest of your lifetimes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thank you for the kind wordsChris. You and Rob aresome real troupers. I'd fish with you guys anyday. Your jigging technique and tenacity are the reasons you caught so many fish. Hope to see you both again in May. Enjoy the AJ steaks! Thanks again,Steve

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments, but my "technique" was just to produce mass chaos in the water. I figured it would aggrevate the aggressive fish and take less skill than anything else. LOL I am very happy for such a goodaction on my first AJ trip. Thanks again for getting usto the keepersand don't forget to let me know when you are going to Venice!!! BTW, I am still shaking my head at finding sheepshead out in open waters. I guess they have to go somewhere when it is cold, but I just wasn't expecting it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts