Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Went back out to the 3-mile last night. We got out there at about 8:00p and stayed until around 11:30-12. We were hoping to do just what we did and get some trout to bring home which we didnt really do. I caught these three reds. All were between 29-32 in. After paying careful attention to what I was doing, Edward finally landed him one too. We were once again using the Berkley Gulp 4 in. shrimp "new penny", with a 1/2 oz jighead. We also caught 8 white trout. It was pretty choppy in my bass boat, but after hooking my anchor into the remains of the old bridge we were able to hold steady. I got my anchor back after about 15 of pulling it one way to the other with my boat. Maybe one day we'll get some reds that are 27 ".

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Right on!!!! nice ..very nice.

.... Do you recycle your shrimp?....meaning do u put it back in the baggy after each use?... How long after you dropped your rig did you get that first red?. When floundering I noticed I have better luck when the shrmp is "new" fresh. I had rigs under there for a while with no action, and I think for some reazon if fish are not around to grab it.......it tends to loose its stinky atrraction. Were you at the same spot?

Thanks for the report again.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice pics, looks like the bulls are in, time to get the gear ready and have some fun, although not keeper range, a whole lot of fun to catch. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont ever recycle the shrimp. I'm sure it'd be even better if I did but I'm just too lazy. They seem to hit it well enough when I leave the same one on until it's completely torn up. I was probably out there for about 30 min before I got the first one. As a matter of fact it took about 30 min for each one. Then you throw into account the problems with my gear. I didnt realize that I broke the inside ring of the tip on my new rod and my line ( 30lb braided) kept just cutting off. If not for that I probably would of had another one. So you've been doing well with flounder on those gulp's?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts