Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the way my year has started, I expect nothing less than failure tomorrow. But I am going any way! My youngest son is home on IV anti biotics. My oldest is on hunting restriction for 2 weeks till grades improve. I took the day off and they have something to do! So what is a wore out fat ole fart to do??

CLIMB A TREE, WHAT ELSE!!! I am gonna go sit the clearcut on our little lease in Brooklyn. I have, against my better judgment offered a friend to tag along. The way its going lately, will probably need help and no service. So headed up in the early a.m. gonna see what I can see.

Good luck to everyone headed out tomorrow

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice 8 Ed.

While I am thinking about it. If you do not hear from me Monday give me a call. I have you on the schedule and with the last week I can not remember if I confirmed it with you or not!

Thankyou again for the offer. I just may have to take you up on it, lol

·
Super Moderator
28,636 Posts
Never know unless ya go brother!!!! Good luck, I'll be sleeping !!!!

·
Registered
14,772 Posts
I woke up with the same good feeling.... Ain't heard no owls here in Milton but hoping the winds got em drowned out. Let us know!

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No service up there and just got in from meeting momma and kids at urgent care and then dinner. Typical day story of my life! Daw one squirrel at 130 yrds, and 2 cardinals. 4 rack bucks on camera at one time in daylight on the 10th. Single smaller 8 daylight on the 19th. Havr 4 new bucks on camera including the rrturning TOAD 7 from the past 3 yrs of camera. Gonna try Next Sun. Then the next Sun MonTue. And thats the season. If no wall hanger for me this year. The bow, .300 and ML are going to a new home.

Sold boat, sold atv and sxs, totaled camper out, guess I will be going back to work as my only hobby. 4 more days to the season for me. Hoping for the best!!

Thank yall for the well wishes but nothing moved today. No tracks or anything!

·
Registered
12,955 Posts
We had a tough start at Eglin today. Nothing for any of us in the morning. Sat the same stands in the PM and my nephew killed a doe at 4:30 and the two remaining ran from him to my son (sitting with my dad). They came through pretty quickly and he got the rifle on, scope settled, and clicked the safety off…just as they moved behind a tree. Me and the daughter saw nothing this evening.

·
Super Moderator
28,636 Posts
Don't be getting rid of your gear!!!!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
No service up there and just got in from meeting momma and kids at urgent care and then dinner. Typical day story of my life! Daw one squirrel at 130 yrds, and 2 cardinals. 4 rack bucks on camera at one time in daylight on the 10th. Single smaller 8 daylight on the 19th. Havr 4 new bucks on camera including the rrturning TOAD 7 from the past 3 yrs of camera. Gonna try Next Sun. Then the next Sun MonTue. And thats the season. If no wall hanger for me this year. The bow, .300 and ML are going to a new home.

Sold boat, sold atv and sxs, totaled camper out, guess I will be going back to work as my only hobby. 4 more days to the season for me. Hoping for the best!!

Thank yall for the well wishes but nothing moved today. No tracks or anything!
I hope you get one ....if you think you are discouraged,try public land hunting,lol....The late mzlder season is a great time to score a big one
relax, regroup, keep the faith....Imo everyone here that knows your situation is pulling for you and your family ,enjoy your hobbies because they are what gives us relief from the everyday hurdles that we must face....Hang in there Man....

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Early bow and late muzzleloader are the best times in our area to smack one. Everything in between is just time for you to get burnt out and discouraged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again for the kind words.

I actually prefer public land hunting. No cameras to know whats there, just put in the time and go hunt. Spend $$$$ on lease amd outta state lic and cabins and time and just never have the time to hunt it. Need someone to manage it for me I guess till O retire at 90yo or die which ever comes first!!!!

·
Registered
14,772 Posts
Thanks again for the kind words. I actually prefer public land hunting. No cameras to know whats there, just put in the time and go hunt. Spend $$$$ on lease amd outta state lic and cabins and time and just never have the time to hunt it. Need someone to manage it for me I guess till O retire at 90yo or die which ever comes first!!!!
Haha. I got the staff at Lewis funeral home planning my retirement party

1 - 20 of 21 Posts