Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda in a position where we need water out there on the lease.Anyone know anything about them?We already have a pipe in the ground where someone dug a well.not sure if it even works or has water at the bottom of it.Can i just hook a well pump up to this thing and see if water comes out or is it more complicated?wanting water to hose off vehicles and fill up water barrels to water food plots only.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Drop a string with some weight till it hits the bottom of well. wet part of string will tell you how much water you have and dry part how deep well is. Then go with pump.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Drop a weight and line down the pipe and see where the level is. What size pipe goes in the ground? 2 inch would be for a shallow well. 4 inch would be the best for a submercible pump deep well.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I just had a deep one put in at my camp. Guy was a local from Defuniak. Really nice guy and did a great job. If you need pro help li'll shoot you his name.

Doug

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Ok a 2 inch well will only work down to about 35 feet of suction. If you get water anywhere near that depth or deeper you won't get much water out of it. You can use a jet pump but it uses water to pump water and will be minimal. Where are you located?

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
No idea about the water table in yoir area. Good luck....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts