Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Well... New Bow.

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  jvalhenson 
#1 · (Edited)
So I ended up selling my last bow and bought a new one. Well what actually happened was I had a wild hair up my butt one day, went into Mikes and shot one of their Realm SR6 and everything is history. I had an OD Green one ordered and decided to have new strings ordered for the bow. Pat at Mikes did a great job squaring the bow away and now all I need to do is set my 2nd and 3rd axis on my sight along with shooting some bareshafts at 30 yards.

Specs are:
30" draw
72lbs
585 grain arrow chronograph at 273 fps on performance setting.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
makes me want to upgrade. still slinging old 2216 XX75s with thunderhead 125s from the 1996 PSE precision edge I got for my 16th birthday. Consider moving up every year but it keeps on killing and when I see the prices of the new bows I just about stroke out. One day I am gonna just cut the string and make myself do it. Sad part for me is my dad owned an archery shop all through the 90s but sold it around 98-99 or so. If hadnt sold I'd have the top of the line everything at my finger tips ha. Oh well. Still have all the equipment(press, jigs, etc etc etc) to keep all our stuff going on our own so that helps out keeping these rigs shooting.

#9 ·
Best advice I can give to people who can wait for a bow. Go shoot the bows that you think you will like, wait until the next years goes come in, and you will see so many shops on Facebook selling brand new bows anywhere from 20%-45% off msrp. Then you will have the gear junkies that will sell their year old bows for next to nothing. I have seen $1500 year old hoyt RX1s sell for $700-$800 when the RX3 came out and brand new Elites selling less than $500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.