Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard them yelling in New York City, "Go home, go back where you came from. You are taking our jobs". Yes, that is exactly what they yelled at Electrical Utility workers from Alabama.

Now, most of us have seen electrical trucks stationed from other states. Have any of you ever yelled, "Go back home"? Sounds like those are some different kind of people than the ones I have EVER lived around.

When it gets colder within the next five days, who will they blame?

Can't wait to hear your comments. Please add more info and lets get an accurate picture. I know "What I heard".

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
So let me get this straight..... Alabama electric trucks and workers are up there trying to help them get the power back on, but they are saying go home cause they are taking jobs away? Wonder how many of those yelling to go home are actually skilled enough to jump in a bucket truck and get the power going.....

Yeap, bring them home and let those up there get jobs fixing the power... by the time they get them hired and trained, the electric will be out for a while...

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
LoL. Thats the North for you. It took me a few years once i moved down here to get used to the 'niceness'. One thing I know about Northerners, is we are taught to mind our own business. Dont talk to people unless you need something from them. If you need directions to some place, find a map and look it up. Im pretty sure its the cold winters that make Northerners so angry, but who knows. I just know that I have learned to help others out and to not turn away. I would stop and help anybody out I could. But, if anybody asks me, I didnt see anything. O*D*W

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
They should pull their heads out from their asses. But there again that might be the only warm place they can go starting tonight. It's gonna be cold. Friggin stupid!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heard them (people) yelling, quote, "Go back to where you came from. You are taking our jobs". end of quote

·
Registered
573 Posts
People

When Ivan rolled in here ( Pensacoa ) I would welcome anybody that would help . People bent over backwards to help . What they need is a boot in the ass , get a shovel ,rake,gloves,chain saws and go to work . Just don't understand sometimes .

·
Registered
14,413 Posts
It occured in Seaside Heights New Jersey. The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, (IBEW), would not let crews from Alabama assist, unless they had a Union Card. So the Alabama boys left.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Yes, I would expect that sort of thing from a few. Thanks for trying to distract from the truth.
Clearly you didn't bother to read the article or you could get the "truth" from the gentleman at the Alabama power company who said your post is horseshit.

·
Banned
237 Posts
Clearly you didn't bother to read the article or you could get the "truth" from the gentleman at the Alabama power company who said your post is horseshit.
:thumbup:

Some folks, as you've well noticed, choose not to inform themselves.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts

Don't give me your bullshit about NJ unions being all fluffy and cuddly. I'm not anti union but the front door to our family business in Toms River Mall was kicked in at least three times while we were remodeling and we were all threatened once was pretty serious and the police intervened. Apparently if your a carpenter you can't work on your own building in NJ unless you wanna pay union dues.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Don't give me your bullshit about NJ unions being all fluffy and cuddly. I'm not anti union but the front door to our family business in Toms River Mall was kicked in at least three times while we were remodeling and we were all threatened once was pretty serious and the police intervened. Apparently if your a carpenter you can't work on your own building in NJ unless you wanna pay union dues.

Please show me where I made even one statement about NJ unions?

http://www.foxbusiness.com/governme...nj-causes-alabama-recovery-crew-to-head-home/

Ed Hill, international president of the IBEW, said in an emailed statement: "It is the policy of this union and the companies we represent to welcome assistance during major natural disasters -- regardless of union status."

Decatur said in a separate statement following Hardin's comments that its crews were held in place in Virginia pending clarification of documents received from the IBEW that "implied a requirement of our employees to agree to union affiliation while working in the" New York and N.J. areas.
Decatur said that as it waited for clarification, "we became aware that Seaside Heights had received the assistance they needed from other sources. To be clear, at no time were our crews 'turned away' from the utility in Seaside Heights."

So, this article came from FOX news AND the guy saying it is Southern and works for the power company. So, at this point if you are calling bullshit you are calling bullshit on both Fox news AND a fellow southerner. ROFL

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

What is this this? Is this horse shit?

I know what I heard on the radio. I heard it on several different news broadcasts. I did not jump to a quick conclusion, until I heard them clearly yelling, "Go home. Go back to where you came from".

And yes, I did read the article. And yes, I do read fiction and non fiction. Fiction is very popular and sells very well.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts

What is this this? Is this horse shit?

I know what I heard on the radio. I heard it on several different news broadcasts. I did not jump to a quick conclusion, until I heard them clearly yelling, "Go home. Go back to where you came from".

And yes, I did read the article. And yes, I do read fiction and non fiction. Fiction is very popular and sells very well.

Well, then your boy in Alabama is a liar because he says it didn't happen.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts