Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so for a guy that was deep sea fishing for over 25 years before he caught a red snapper over 8lbs I'm sort of having a banner year. Went out for opening day this year and got two nice ones, one was 27lbs and the biggest of my snapper fishing career . Honestly the biggest of these two this trip was close but we didn't have a scale...but it was close. On the 29th 4 of us ran out 14-15 miles dodging the bad weather...not dodging very well as we were soaked till after noon. Skies cleared up some but the seas and wind picked up so we called it around 4pm we were one snapper shy of a limit, and since I had been playing deck hand the last couple of hours it was good with me. We also got a nice 12-14lb king on a flat line as a bonus. The 4 snapper I have boated this year would all make my top 10 biggest list, we had some good trips the last couple of years but personally I've never gotten two fish of this caliber on one trip and to do it twice is well just lucky as hell.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Very studly.

·
Premium Member
9,846 Posts
Nice hat!

Reactions: Boat-Dude

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those big ones are fun to catch but personally I would rather eat the 6-10 pound ones. Congrats on your catch!
Agreed but I only get to come down a couple of times a season....and you can only keep two.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,846 Posts
Thanks Joey its approaching heirloom status I've had it so long. :whistling:
Nothing wrong with that. I’ve worn out a few myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts