Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know when you are out there at night you see some weird stuff..... 2 years ago was the craziest we say about a 40 lb tarpon in our light.

then one night we were trying to gig flounder and this damn gator wouldn't leave us alone

then we were trying to gig flounder this other night and came across a grouper honey hole and sheepshead mixed in with flounder

The fog got so bad one year you couldn't even see 2 feet in front of you we were gigging ft mcrea and almost got lost... we couldn't see the lighthouse, the island the only way we could tell is my putting the lights in the water and seeing if it got shallower or deeper til we got on the beach until the fog cleared...anyone remember that night?

Post some stories guys

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Naked Girl swimmin of DI and yes been in the fog a few times ( Old days were bad got GPS now just follow the traks back and hope you don't get run over by some idiot)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I went last week and saw a big ray that was at least 4 feet across, I know its not weird but I was surprised at the size of it. Then on Saturday night I saw a big gar prolly 5 feet long. I'm just glad he didn't go after me.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I have had a coupleof small gators that wanted to stay just ahead of the boat in the shadow of the light. Also saw a concrete flounder in navy point. It was painted up to look just like a flounder. My buddy gigged it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Death from Above

check your facts before you try and accuse someone of breaking the law!!!

myfwc.com spearing regulations

·
Registered
330 Posts
whoa,nobody's accusing anybody of anything.it was just and ignorant statement. ignorance is not a crime, it is simply not knowing.

the notion of gigging grouper is so cool that dfa thought, "surely it must be illegal."

no need to be defensive. if i wasn't up on the regs, i would've assumed the same thing. not to say that i always follow the law to the "T". i'm sure we all try our best. :grouphug

Species Prohibited for Harvest by <P align=left>Spearing:<P align=left>? African Pompano ? Red Drum<P align=left>? Billfish ? Sharks<P align=left>? Bonefish ? Snook<P align=left>? Goliath Grouper (Jewfish) ? Sturgeon<P align=left>? Lobster ? Spotted Eagle Ray<P align=left>? Manta Ray ? Spotted Seatrout<P align=left>? Nassau Grouper ? Tarpon<P align=left>? Permit ? Tripletail<P align=left>? Pompano ? Weakfish<P align=left>? Families of Ornamental Reef Fish<P align=left>(Surgeonfish, Trumpetfish, Angelfish, Butterflyfish,<P align=left>Porcupinefish, Cornetfish, Squirrelfish, Trunkfish,<P align=left>Damselfish, Parrotfish, Pipefish, Seahorse, Puffers,<P align=left>Triggerfish except gray and ocean) <P align=left><P align=left>i couldn't pull up the statewide list. this is an excerpt from the monroe county regs. i notice that it is missing, and the statewide includes, blue crab and stone crab.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I saw this in the pass a few weeks ago, it was an impressive site!!!

It's amazing how much more you can see through BEER GOGGLES!!!!:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

1 - 20 of 31 Posts